InterWorx v4 Error Reporting

Since the announcement thread was not appropriate for error reporting I have made this thread. Tim and Paul have already addressed the all errors I have reported.

Thank for your amazing work.

Theme: Interstate
Browser: IE8
Error: Not displaying correctly

[B]Screenshots:

Firefox[/B]
http://www.anony.ws/i/firefox.png

IE8
http://www.anony.ws/i/ie8.png

Logs dont work…

Is it me or do the logs not work in Nodeworx and Siteworx. Basically I cant see any error logs, access logs or anything. Looks like it’s either not writing them, or not pulling them from the right place.

Any one else with the same issue?

[QUOTE=gareth25;16314]Is it me or do the logs not work in Nodeworx and Siteworx. Basically I cant see any error logs, access logs or anything. Looks like it’s either not writing them, or not pulling them from the right place.

Any one else with the same issue?[/QUOTE]

I have just checked on a user account and the logs are up to date and viewable.

Looks like my install has been borked after the upgrade then! Hmmm…

ScriptWorx Error

http://www.anony.ws/i/scriptworxerror.png

All I did was click on WordPress. It is the same for all ScriptWorx items.

[B]Theme Selecting Error

[/B] When trying to change theme ‘There was a problem validating the form. Please see details below.’

‘interstate: Invalid theme format; please recreate’ - all i did was change a bit of CSS and a few images.

Can we downgrade? You have done amazing work with this new version but for me it just seems really unstable. I am afraid to touch anything incase the whole system breaks.

It’s not unstable as a fresh install, but it appears upgraders are having problems.

Fixing the issues we find will be a better option than downgrading, and we’re working on those things.

Paul

I agree Paul.

I’m really impressed with Version 4. I hope you keep adding great new features like whats included in 4.

Keep it up and hopefully we’ll be deploying a few new servers this year so we’ll be sticking with iworx because you seem to have hit on a blend of useability and functionality. I would like to see more security and performance enhancements but I guess thats down to third-parties to update their modules. Things like APF are good, but thesedays DCs are changing through the nose for firewalls which means APF is on it’s own - would be nice to have a script that checks common security things rather like CSF in Cpanel.

Found the following bug:
/home/interworx/var/lib/squirrelmail/data/* and /home/interworx/var/lib/squirrelmail/data/attachements/* doesn’t have the right permissions.

to solve this:

chown iworx-sqmail.iworx-sqmail /home/interworx/var/lib/squirrelmail/* -R

That is correct WebXtrA, this is because squirrelmail now runs as a separate user for security reasons. We have also provided a script that goes through your interworx installation and correctly sets all the permissions.

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex

This script can take awhile to run, so I would recommend only running it when you encounter a permissions issue and not as any kind of automated procedure.