InterWorx Version 5.1.0 Released!

Today, we are happy to announce the official release of InterWorx Version 5.1.0. This release is the culmination of many months of development, beta, and release-candidate testing. Special thanks to our dedicated beta and release-candidate testers, you have been and continue to be an invaluable part of the process. With your help, this release contains hundreds of new features, bug fixes, and other improvements. For a complete listing, see the Official Changelog.

Some notable changes include:

• Elimination of all dependencies on mysql_old_password authentication.
  • Dozens of new API actions that provide access to data inside of InterWorx forms.
  • Upgrades to supporting packages such as Roundcube, Spamassassin, and ClamAV.
  • Simplified customization of SSLCipherSuite and SSLProtocol settings for services, and removal of the less-secure SSLv3 protocol option by default.
  • Server administrators can now allow access to custom log files via NodeWorx or SiteWorx.
  • Cluster command queue is now capable of skipping duplicate actions that do not need to happen multiple times in a row.
  • High System Load notifications will now include output from the program “top”, which will provide a snapshot of what is currently utilizing system resources at the time the notification is triggered.
  • Support for CentOS 5, 6, and 7. CentOS 4 no longer supported.

This release will provide a solid platform for all future InterWorx updates, and we recommend everyone upgrade ASAP.

Feel free to discuss this release or ask questions here, but for the serious issues, please submit a support ticket.

Paul

Congrats Paul mate, any news on Nginx?

I found a bug: Failed to update SSHD configuration file
I was not able to change the SSH port and disable the root access via NodeWorx.

Centos 7 fresh install.

I can’t believe how excited I am for this version release! Good job, team!! :slight_smile:

Loved the 5.1 RC and have been eagerly waiting for the release to pop up on our servers. And today I got the log awaited message. Yay! This is a great release and a lot of very useful changes/additions. Congrats to the team.

Has anyone reported issues with any currently hosted sites being broken by the upgrade? In particular, WordPress and other mysql dependant sites that were created(Softaculous) in 5.01x with the old password hash? I’m scheduling the upgrade with my clients and would like to get an idea what to expect with respect to this issue.

Doesn’t look like the upgrade changed anything with the /etc/my.cnf file. Still shows old-passwords=1

Hi justec

Hope your well

I don’t believe the upgrade changes this and it’s a manual change.

As you say though, perhaps better if it had been changed, but think it may break some users sites if dependant on old hash.

Vertical, as far as I’m aware, it should go smoothly, have you read the posts recently, Kat upgraded to RC and only real issue was SMTP, but I do not believe it is connected with upgrade and started to work. However, if you have updated your php already, then I think you’ll find your WP sites are already in new hash

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

great release, well done team

The upgrade went smoothly with no issues whatsoever as of yet. Nice work guys!

Hi dss

Hope your well

Did you open a support ticket for ssh error

Many thanks

John

Hi John
Thanks! I did not open support ticket, because I edited the config file manually and now it works. I just wanted to change the SSH port and disable the root access and it is easy to set in the config files.
I noticed one time a permission error (repaired with this command ~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex) and 403 after adding a SiteWorx account (repaired with apache restart). Now everything is good and stable!

Hi, i have a lot of servers with iworx.
With this upgrade i have problems with the ftp server , error on the ftp configuration file and the ftp server cant start.
The other problem is :
the upgrade proces had problems and the server is in a bad state,

is ther a way to do a upgrade reinstall and see what type of problems are they ,

have any one , had similar problems

Hi omelin

Sorry your having an issue, and I have not had or heard of your issue sorry.

Firstly, I would open a support ticket with IW or you’d license provider, so they can see what’s happened.

If you want to check, you can see the yum logs from nodeworx, server, logs and check iworx yum and server yum logs

If you want to try yourself as you suggest, I could be wrong but I would run from ssh

yum clean all

yum reinstall iworx

I hope that helps and would appreciate if you could update your post when resolved.

Many thanks

John

auto upgrade problem

thank you john for your reply.

Unfortunately it dint work.

it seams there is a problem with the data base updates :frowning:

any other ideas ?

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27915]Hi omelin

Sorry your having an issue, and I have not had or heard of your issue sorry.

Firstly, I would open a support ticket with IW or you’d license provider, so they can see what’s happened.

If you want to check, you can see the yum logs from nodeworx, server, logs and check iworx yum and server yum logs

If you want to try yourself as you suggest, I could be wrong but I would run from ssh

yum clean all

yum reinstall iworx

I hope that helps and would appreciate if you could update your post when resolved.

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hi omelin

Many thanks, you may be best advised to open a support ticket then, as it’s more involved re database then FTP services.

Is this a test server or live production

Have you tried yum downgrade iworx

Many thanks

John

Hello,

I found an other problem you can see the attached picture.

It seems the additional IP is not active on the system and cant’t activate, but it works. The configuration files are OK as I checked.

Hi dss

I hope your well

I believe this is on centos 7, as I have just tried it on a test server running centos 6, and it works lovely.

The one thing I did notice, was your newly added IP address is shown as 0, whereas I would expect to see eth0:0

Please could I ask if you added manually or via IW-cp.

I ask because if you add an IP address manually, it appears in the list as you picture.

I’m sorry, I reloaded our centos 7 test server as it was needed for clients to play with, for the differences which they may encounter when we upgrade IW.

I hope you don’t mind my thoughts

Many thanks

John

How do you update from RC to Stable? I told the server I want to use Stable versions, however doing a yum clean and [I]yum reinstall iworx didn’t do anything.

[/I]Or am I unable to move from RC to Stable?

Hi katronix

Hope your well

You cannot update RC to stable.

You set the version update to stable and it uses stable updates, which are updated slower then RC.

You should be able to use yum downgrade if you know the package you want to downgrade but I would be careful as you could potentially cause issues, such as Curl or if packages have dependencies

I personally would just IW set to stable for updates and leave server as is without downgrading any packages

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John