IRC Chat Room for interworx?

Do any of the members here hang out on irc anywhere? It would also be neat to be able to chat with developers live some times too.

Does anyone else want an Interworx chat room?

we don’t have a chat room, but a lot of us have various Instant Messenger handles registered in our forum profiles. I honestly don’t think a chat room would get used that much. If you have something to say to an InterWorx person post it here in the forums; they respond to them on a regular basis.

We provide IRCD hosting and a long time ago I proposed to Chris to host a chat room on one of them.

I think that when the interworx team will think that it may be interesting they will host their own ircd.

However, nothing prevents you from creating your own interworx chat room on an existing irc network :slight_smile:

Pascal

Between running 3 message boards (that I know of), IMing, and Live Support, I doubt Chris et al have much time for IRC idling. :wink:

sure, I agree, also managing a chat room needs a lot of time :slight_smile:

But an interworx user may create his own interworx chat room, where all customers, and future customers may find people to chat about interworx.

Pascal

so you propose to create it ? :rolleyes:

(Its a old topic, but maybe are there still interested ppl) I can create it also. And I got DdoS Firewall. :smiley:

Hahahaha, a “DDoS Firewall”…

There’s no such thing. Your host might say they attempt to do DDoS mitigation or similar things, but in the end DDoS is pretty hard to filter out. Considering that you seem to think DDoS is easy, it’s probably not a good idea if you go and start an interworx IRC channel/network…

[quote=Fr3d;14238]Hahahaha, a “DDoS Firewall”…

There’s no such thing. Your host might say they attempt to do DDoS mitigation or similar things, but in the end DDoS is pretty hard to filter out. Considering that you seem to think DDoS is easy, it’s probably not a good idea if you go and start an interworx IRC channel/network…[/quote]

Yeah i mean mitigation.

From my DC:

[SIZE=2]DDoS Filtering Mechanism[/SIZE]

Our network is proactively filtered in 3 different stages (upstreams, core-routers, distribution routers) and dynamically filtered in 2 stages (distribution routers, firewalls). Our NIDS (Network Intrusion Detection System) device captures inbound traffic, detects and logs malicious traffic, analyzes it and finally provides the most appropriate filtering rules (layers 3-7) to our network firewalls filtering the attack(s) with the less possible loss of legit traffic. NIDS’ logging function includes reporting (after completing anti-spoof checks) source IPs involved to ISPs’ abuse departments and anti-intrusion organizations which are connected with law authorities.

Our firewalls are capable to provide up to layer7 filtering and they’re connected between our core-router (which is directly connected to datacenter’s core-router) and our main router (which our switches are connected to) receiving filtering rules from NIDS and/or rarely from our staff members. Firewalls have been designed to function both independently and all together. By default they all function together, but if for any reason NIDS becomes unavailable, firewalls will start functioning independently even if that means slower performance temporarily in order to avoid the network being unfiltered until NIDS becomes available again. Additionally, if one of the firewalls gets unavailable, it instantly gets excluded from the load balancing system preventing network getting affected. That way network has a complete fail-over no matter if any of the firewalls or NIDS becomes unavailable.

Our NIDS analyzes and identifies attacks per packet’s protocol, packet type and several other characteristics giving the opportunity to firewalls to filter an attack with at least 15 methods (planning to increase to 20+ methods in the near future). In rare cases when an attack cannot get filtered differently, an IP null-route is applied. If the attack exceeds a specific number of Gbps (Gigabits per second) or Mpps (Million packets per second), additional ACLs may get applied in our router(s).

This firewalling mechanism described above has been completely designed and engineered by Sharktech staff using fundamental understanding of filtering, intensive knowledge and experience in preventing DDoS attacks. Our firewalls and NIDS are using open-source operating system with engineered firewalling and detection software.

I’ve started a channel on my network - Oceanius, a community of IT professionals - for InterWorx. I hope that there will be some interest within the community to get involved with the channel in order to make it a success and hopefully inspire more InterWorx development. :slight_smile:

Please join me on irc.oceanius.com #interworx