IRC / Let's revive this community!

After watching these forums drag along without much going on for well over a year, I’ve decided to do some things about it. For example, as of this writing I’ve posted 4 feature requests - and am now starting up an IRC channel on my network (Oceanius) for Interworx-related discussions.

If you’re an InterWorx fan, please join me at irc.oceanius.com #interworx =]

-a

People still use IRC? :slight_smile:

Indeed. There are 718,976 people in 380,197 chatrooms right now!

Where have you been? :eek:

All I know about IRC is “Internet Relay Chat”, may be I am wrong. :slight_smile: And I won’t care even if it is wrong. And, I am still in the world, and probably will be even after the so called IRC is dead.

The reason the iworx community is shrinking is not because every body couldn’t access the iworx forum (vbulletin) they once knew, but because they are not coming to it, as they don’t get reply/satisfied most of the time now.

I myself seen 2 or 3 hosts moving to cpanel from iworx, one e.g., is ubiquityhosting.com

[QUOTE=tiger;15891]All I know about IRC is “Internet Relay Chat”, may be I am wrong. :slight_smile: And I won’t care even if it is wrong. And, I am still in the world, and probably will be even after the so called IRC is dead.

The reason the iworx community is shrinking is not because every body couldn’t access the iworx forum (vbulletin) they once knew, but because they are not coming to it, as they don’t get reply/satisfied most of the time now.

I myself seen 2 or 3 hosts moving to cpanel from iworx, one e.g., is ubiquityhosting.com[/QUOTE]

IRC is simple enough to learn, download a client such as Xchat, select Oceanius from the network list… once connected /join #interworx :stuck_out_tongue:

With regards to the size of the community shrinking, couldn’t have said it better - the forums have been pretty dead because this community isn’t all about how much the product sucks, because it doesn’t. It’s sad that people don’t get involved, but needless to say - I haven’t been around the community in quite some time. That is what I’m trying to change - and it would be nice to see this community get back on track again.

With regards to hosts switching to cPanel, it’s really their loss. InterWorx hasn’t changed much, and it’s still the best (in my opinion). Sure, there are things that could be changed or added - I’ve suggested a few of those myself recently. However, if the reason they switched is because of how active the community is, that’s a sad point indeed.

Let’s change all this and get InterWorx back on the map folks.

-Alex

Actually, thanks to sliqua, things are relatively hopping around here!

Relatively being the operative word :slight_smile:

Well, I was shocked when I logged in to see 3 staff on the site now :smiley:

Currently Active Users: 31 (4 members and 27 guests)

sliqua, IWorx-Jonathan, IWorx-Paul, IWorx-Tim-Pgh

That’s what I’m talking about! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I thought I was the last one on these forums :slight_smile:

Glad to see a spark, now someone just needs to go buy some lighter fluid!!!

oooh! Someone mentioned my name! I feel important. :smiley:

Also, Pidgin can do IRC. It’s pretty bare-bones but it get the job done when you don’t want to have to screw around with XChat.