iworx.createaccount problem - Old script / new API

I’m using an old script that used to work well with the Interworx API for creating Siteworx accounts. Now, a few years later, the script is unable to create accounts during the iworx.createaccount portion of the API calls. No doubt the API has changed a lot since I last used it with easy success. I’m just hoping there’s something I can try on the Interworx or PHP side of things to get it working like before (like I was able to do when XMLRPC errors prevented the script from connecting at all during the iworx.getip portion).

Here’s a clipping from the log during the iworx.createaccount process that seems to indicate a problem with how the hosting package is handled (by newer API requirements?):

[string] => There was a problem validating the form. Please see details below.
packagetemplate: “test” This is not a valid option
OPT_STORAGE: This input is required
OPT_BANDWIDTH: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_ALIASES: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_AUTORESPONDERS: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_BOXES: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_GROUPS: This input is required
OPT_FTP_ACCOUNTS: This input is required
OPT_MYSQL_DBS: This input is required
OPT_MYSQL_DB_USERS: This input is required
OPT_POINTER_DOMAINS: This input is required
OPT_SLAVE_DOMAINS: This input is required
OPT_SUBDOMAINS: This input is required

Everything else in the log looks relatively clean. Suggestions are much appreciated.

That looks like you are trying to create a SiteWorx account using the “test” package template but InterWorx isn’t finding it so it’s telling you that you need to specify the SiteWorx account options individually. Is “test” a name of a package on the server you are running the script on?

The “test” package is actually named shared_test in Nodeworx. The log text above is from a log produced by the script using the API. The text below is from the Nodeworx API log… evidently something with xmlrpc isn’t right. Prior to that I updated php-xmlrpc (since I’m using PHP 5.2 from the experimental repo) which seems to have fixed my first problem connecting to Nodeworx.

2011-06-08T16:03:25-04:00 [INFO] /nodeworx/xmlrpc-api.php : (API) 12.34.56.78 routing: Ctrl_XMLRPC -> index
2011-06-08T16:03:26-04:00 [INFO] /nodeworx/xmlrpc-api.php : (API) 12.34.56.78 routing: Ctrl_XMLRPC -> index
2011-06-08T16:03:26-04:00 [INFO] /nodeworx/xmlrpc-api.php : (API) 12.34.56.78 routing: Ctrl_Nodeworx_Siteworx -> addCommit
2011-06-08T16:03:28-04:00 [INFO] /nodeworx/xmlrpc-api.php : 11
2011-06-08T16:03:28-04:00 [INFO] /nodeworx/xmlrpc-api.php : There was a problem validating the form. Please see details below.
packagetemplate: “test” This is not a valid option
OPT_STORAGE: This input is required
OPT_BANDWIDTH: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_ALIASES: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_AUTORESPONDERS: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_BOXES: This input is required
OPT_EMAIL_GROUPS: This input is required
OPT_FTP_ACCOUNTS: This input is required
OPT_MYSQL_DBS: This input is required
OPT_MYSQL_DB_USERS: This input is required
OPT_POINTER_DOMAINS: This input is required
OPT_SLAVE_DOMAINS: This input is required
OPT_SUBDOMAINS: This input is required

I’ve been wondering if it’s something to do with SSL. I had to create new self-signed certs recently but there haven’t been any signs or trouble other than these API errors. I tell the script not to use SSL and it doesn’t ask for a port number. I’ve tested with and without with the same results.

Fixed: The problem was in how I was naming the hosting package. Instead of just glancing at the script’s instructions I should have stared at it a while longer. It finally dawned on me that “shared_pkgName” and “static_pkgName” are for the script, not Nodeworx. Changing the “shared_test” package to just “test” in Nodeworx got me on track and the site was created first attempt. Then second and third tests went on through.

By chance are there warm drinks in the Beer Garden? My brain apparently froze up.