LSWS Web Server Down. Can't Restore.

I’ve been running Litespeed Web Server for 2 weeks on a trial license with no problems. As soon as the trial ran out my sites went down so I purchased a license and activated it on my server but my sites are still down. LSWS shows the license as being fine. There has to be come configuration problem. I’ve tried looking at what logs I know of, restarting the service, the server but nothing is working. The LSWS panel and Interworx both show everything as being fine but as I said, no sites will load.

I’ve checked the firewall and that’s fine. Apache is of course disabled. I even tried reinstalling LSWS and it shows that it’s running but I don’t see any errors and it won’t serve up anything on 80 or 443. I can’t even switch back to Apache to get my sites back up and running. It won’t serve anything either.

If anyone can help me troubleshoot this I’d be grateful.

Hi synthetisoft

If your 100% sure your services are running and no blocks on port 80/443, then it has to be higher up the network path outside of the server

Have you cleared your cache

Are your DNS records correct and resolving correctly

Are your siteworx accounts been hosted in the correct IP address

Does a tracert correctly goto your server

Does your server correctly show IW-cp and can you login to IW

Have you checked what service is using port 80/443

If you want to pm me a domain, I can test if live from here, as given your post, and knowing your very knowledgable, seems strange which is why I think it might be at a higher level which is blocking your port 80/443

Many thanks

John

Hi synthetisoft

I have checked a little (but could be entirely on wrong domain/Ip), but it looks like your IP address ending .205 is displaying correctly, ie litespeed but your IP address ending .206 is not

Have you checked to make sure this is included in litespeed

If your not using .206, and only .205, then your DNS is wrong

As I said, I could be wrong as its guess at your server for checking, but to confirm if I’m correct, is twilightservers correct

Many thanks

John

eh. I kept reading 206 as 202. checked ifconfig and I think the subnet mask somehow got messed up since i can’t reach 206 (The shared IP of the server)

HI synthetisoft
Makes sense, and glad I was on correct domain/IP.
Hope it helped to track the issue, and should be easy to resolve now.
Please see pics of 2 traces, one to 205, and one to failing 206, so you can see where it fails, but without knowing your setup, could be on your system.
If you need anything further, please let me know
Many thanks
John

Where do I change it? there’s no ifcfg-eth0:1 :2 :3 and so on files as I would expect and you can’t change it from within interworx. Does interworx have some list of virtual adapters or a script I need to edit?

i don’t see a network file specifying a range either

Hi synthetisoft

Are you on a vps

If so, the filename is slightly different in name and can be generic to your server. Also, you may have a bridge etc depending on your vps software for server

If full dedicated, then your file name is usually correct, but depends upon your server and number of nics on server.

Some of our servers have minimum of 4, and are not called eth

Can you post a screenshot of your folder /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts

I think from memory anyway

There is also a virtualhost file, from etc/ I think but you may have to look for it, which sometimes contains multiple entries, and just needs manually checking/correcting

It’s kinda hard without seeing your files sorry

Many thanks

John

it’s a dedi…

-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 357 May 12 19:03 bak.ifcfg-eno1
-rw-r–r--. 1 root root 273 May 11 17:08 ifcfg-eno2 <-- not here
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 406 May 12 19:11 ifcfg-eth0 <-- not here
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 254 Sep 16 2015 ifcfg-lo <-- of course not here
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 May 11 17:16 ifdown -> …/…/…/usr/sbin/ifdown
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 627 Sep 16 2015 ifdown-bnep
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5.7K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-eth
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 6.1K Nov 30 2015 ifdown-ib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 781 Sep 16 2015 ifdown-ippp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.2K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-ipv6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 May 11 17:16 ifdown-isdn -> ifdown-ippp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.7K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-post
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.1K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-ppp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 837 Sep 16 2015 ifdown-routes
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.5K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-sit
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.6K Apr 2 2015 ifdown-Team
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.6K Apr 2 2015 ifdown-TeamPort
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.5K Sep 16 2015 ifdown-tunnel
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 May 11 17:16 ifup -> …/…/…/usr/sbin/ifup
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 13K Sep 16 2015 ifup-aliases
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 859 Sep 16 2015 ifup-bnep
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12K Sep 16 2015 ifup-eth
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10K Nov 30 2015 ifup-ib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 12K Sep 16 2015 ifup-ippp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11K Sep 16 2015 ifup-ipv6
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 May 11 17:16 ifup-isdn -> ifup-ippp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 642 Sep 16 2015 ifup-plip
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.1K Sep 16 2015 ifup-plusb
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2.6K Sep 16 2015 ifup-post
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.1K Sep 16 2015 ifup-ppp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.9K Sep 16 2015 ifup-routes
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3.2K Sep 16 2015 ifup-sit
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.8K Apr 2 2015 ifup-Team
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.9K Apr 2 2015 ifup-TeamPort
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2.7K Sep 16 2015 ifup-tunnel
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1.7K Sep 16 2015 ifup-wireless
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.6K Sep 16 2015 init.ipv6-global
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 15K Sep 16 2015 network-functions
-rw-r–r-- 1 root root 26K Sep 16 2015 network-functions-ipv6

I added them with interworx so whatever it does…

(iworx is making me look like a noob right now)

Hi synthetisoft

Strange… IW would not remove those and if 202 and 205 are on same server, where are they held

Your still offline so you may need to restart your network but a word of warning, if your network is wrong, and you restart network, you may lose all connections unless you have separate access like KVM switch

If this does not work and your network comes backup, in the short term I would reset DNS and siteworx accounts to use 202 and not 206, as 202 is working.

Then take the time to fully look over what’s happened and bring back 206

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;28667]Hi synthetisoft

Strange… IW would not remove those and if 202 and 205 are on same server, where are they held

Your still offline so you may need to restart your network but a word of warning, if your network is wrong, and you restart network, you may lose all connections unless you have separate access like KVM switch

If this does not work and your network comes backup, in the short term I would reset DNS and siteworx accounts to use 202 and not 206, as 202 is working.

Then take the time to fully look over what’s happened and bring back 206

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

This doesn’t make any sense though because ifconfig shows all the IPs on my system. I just rebooted the system and it had no problem bringing them up. So where are they coming from? I’ve looked through every file I can think of in /etc

Hi synthetisoft

It’s a mute point, but is 206 part of your IP allocation from your provider

206 did not trace and failed in same location as shown earlier, 202 works

I’ll check again now you restarted your server

Many thanks

John

Are they set for DHCP perhaps, and assigned to you

Many thanks

John

the interface config isn’t setup for dhcp. Also, I remember setting them up in interworx but I didn’t use the wrong netmask and they were working before. I have no idea what’s going on. I could go shifting IPs around and deleting them but I think that will break my SSL and be a pain. But if for some reason I have no choice. I don’t get it…

Hi synthetisoft

I understand

I can confirm your still offline and failing at same point on trace

This would indicate or point toward 206 not been in use perhaps

As I said, it’s hard to problem solve without access and knowing your cidr. I guess 201 to 205 are yours. 207 is the limit on the provider cidr,

Changing IP address should not affect SSL, as SSL is not set on IP address , just CN

If you have a lot of domains to change, use IP.pex from ~iworx/bin to change them, if there are not a lot, I would manually change them in IW-cp

Can you confirm if 206 is part of your cidr and is a usable IP address in your range

Many thanks

John

Hi synthetisoft

Sorry, your making changes I guess, as twilightservers 205 is no longer working, but trace is fine

I have to go for a little while, but I’ll check back later

You may want to open a support ticket with IW, as IW support would have access to your server if you did, and could quickly work out what’s gone wrong and correct, whereas I don’t have access sorry

Many thanks and good luck

John

Hi synthetisoft

Last point before I go out

Check /etc/httpd/conf.d/namevirtualhost.conf to ensure 206 is shown

Any changes to this file, restart litespeed (unless litespeed uses it own file Ofcourse) but this would not cause the trace to fail, which it is

Many thanks

John

I figured it out this morning and finally crashed to sleep. I feel ridiculous for spending so much time on it. It was just a null route by my ISP for an abuse report I hadn’t noticed. Thanks for the help. I would still like to know where those network entries are though.