mail box quota - mail box size limits ?

Hi

at present siteworxs mail boxes sizes are unlimited and adjusted by the siteworx account user
i cannot find a way to limit mail box sizes for siteworx accounts from nodeworx and i feel this would be a useful feature/option.

i want to have the option to set siteworx mail box size limits from nodeworx, simular to the way disk size is set.
thank you

this is what i was referring to, was it ever implemented

http://forums.interworx.com/showthread.php?t=1016&highlight=mailbox

any interest ?
something i need

I all honesty, that has really been a issue on my end.

However limiting the number of outbound emails each user can send out per day, is a very big need right now.

[QUOTE=R-n-R;20659]
However limiting the number of outbound emails each user can send out per day, is a very big need right now.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know qmail can’t/won’t.

Setting up postfix + postfix-policyd is easy, though, and can easily do this based on either username or source IP (but not both at the same time). I’m sure exim, etc, have similar functionality. It does require setting up another server for outbound mail, though - something I’ve always viewed as best-practice in any case.

[QUOTE=bear;20658]any interest ?
something i need[/QUOTE]

Quotas are setup using maildirsize files. If you’re trying to enforce mail queue size limits for all users, you could simply fire off a cron job every so often that creates this file for each mailbox on the system via maildirmake. The problem here is if the users edit their mailbox, it’ll nuke your file, resetting your defined limit until the cronjob fires again.

The quota info is kept in the vpop sql database, so that could be changed via cron as well. Again, in this scenario, though, the user simply has to change the limit to override your setting.

Basically, interworx would have to be setup to disallow users from changing quotas for any real mailbox quotas.

Now, on to the obvious question - why do you want to enforce mailbox size quotas? There might be a better solution to the issue.

[QUOTE=zombie process;20660]As far as I know qmail can’t/won’t.

Setting up postfix + postfix-policyd is easy, though, and can easily do this based on either username or source IP (but not both at the same time). I’m sure exim, etc, have similar functionality. It does require setting up another server for outbound mail, though - something I’ve always viewed as best-practice in any case.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree, getting tired of fighting the IP reputation, blacklists, feedback loops, etc, I have more fun chasing black cats. :frowning:

We are in the planning stage of moving all email to either a third party (to handle all that headache) or dedicated stand alone email server.