mailbox forwarding and webmin

i just got my server from sago with IW and i have two problems at this moment:

1. i have two mailboxes in my domain and i want to auto forward all mails from say sales@mydomain.com to admin@mydomain.com. but this is not possible as the siteworx isn’t accepting this. one could say why don’t i use an alias, but i dont want to use alias ecause i will need both mailbox accounts. :frowning:

2. what problems will it cause if i install webmin now that interworx is already installed? is it going to mess things up? what if i manually edit config files? then what? :confused:

thanks in advance.

1. Setup both mailboxes.
  2. Edit /home/<username>/var/<domain>/mail/.qmail-sales

and make it look like this:

| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' sales@domain.com
| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' admin@domain.com

1. what problems will it cause if i install webmin now that interworx is already installed? is it going to mess things up? what if i manually edit config files? then what? :confused:

thanks in advance.

Just installing webmin shouldn’t kill anything but using it may godFather and I’d recommend against it under most circumstances.

Chris

When I started out I was waned by someone from Sago (Chris M I think) that installing Webmin on an InterWorx box and then using the two of them to configure the same things might break something and would void my support from them. My advice is not to do it since since you may have problems if they find out.

Chris may recall the discussion as he told me the same thing he just told you but I wouldn’t take the chance.

Good Luck!

Tim

first of all, thanks Chris for your reply.

1. Setup both mailboxes.
  1. Edit /home/<username>/var/<domain>/mail/.qmail-sales

and make it look like this:

| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' sales@domain.com
| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' admin@domain.com

when i go inside that directory, i only see one file .qmail-default and two folders by the name of sales and admin. there wasn’t any file called .qmail-sales and the contents of .qmail-default was:

| /home/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox

is it normal to not have .qmail-sales? or should i just create a .qmail-sales file and insert those two lines? or could i just add those lines to .qmail-default file?

Just installing webmin shouldn’t kill anything but using it may godFather and I’d recommend against it under most circumstances.

Chris

regarding this, what do i have to do to make a backup for the IW installation? i mean - while folders should i copy to backup? and where can i get a detailed listing of the IW config files?

and another question, how do i let the domain user use SSH access? there is no such option in the nodeworx panel.

thanks!

and thanks timyberg for your suggestion. i will definitely keep that in mind.

NP, just trying to be helpfull.

FYI most of InterWorx’s files are stored in

/home/interworx

but that’s not why Webmin may cause problems. The problems lie in the fact that BOTH panels edit your existing apache, qMail, dns, and other configuration files and InterWorx used a database to keep track of them. It also parses the configuration files so you will PROBABLY be okay, but don’t say you haven’t been warned :wink:

Tim