Master phpMyAdmin login

Hello Guys,

Just a quick question/suggestion: is it possible for for the phpMyAdmin link under System Services >> MySQL Server in NodeWorx to log us sysadmins straight into the “main/overall” MySQL login for the system mySQL, ie; the database server that the hsoted websites use??

May save our technicians going through finding the reseller, finding the account, logging into SiteWorx, then through phpMyAdmin that way.

Just a thought… :stuck_out_tongue:

You could just go to http://(server ip):2080/mysql

login with root and root pass, and see all databases…

Nope, the root logon doesn’t work. I’ve checked it across 3 servers here just to check it wsan’t an issue with one.

Plus not everyone in the company has full Root Access…

Once you’ve set/changed the root password for MySQL it does work, as that’s how I use phpMyAdmin whenever I need to change stuff on my site (saves logging into the SiteWorx account for it :p)

The root mysql password is generated randomly when you install the database server, and will NOT be the same as the box root password.

There are two ways to figure it out – one is the one suggested which is to changing it from NodeWorx – the second is to run

cat /home/interworx/iworx.ini | grep rootdsn=

you’ll bet back something like this

rootdsn=“mysql://iworx:password@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/mysql”

the line of random text in the spot where I put password is your root mysql password (note: do NOT at the @unix part)

[quote=IWorx-Tim;8891]The root mysql password is generated randomly when you install the database server, and will NOT be the same as the box root password.

There are two ways to figure it out – one is the one suggested which is to changing it from NodeWorx – the second is to run

the line of random text in the spot where I put password is your root mysql password (note: do NOT at the @unix part)[/quote]

How would you manually change this randomly generated password?

I directed my browser to http://my_ip:2080/mysql/
Using PHPMyAdmin with “iworx” as the login and your “password” above as the password, I was able to get in to PHPMyAdmin with root access. However, changing this temporary"password for the “iworx” (and not “root”) user (whether in iworx.ini or elsewhere) does not seem possible - is it?

The reason I ask is that this password was given out to a company to fix a MySQL database problem on my server, and so I started to wonder if once the fix was performed, if this password could then be changed?

Old thread, but need to make a slight clarification:

[QUOTE=IWorx-Tim;8891]The root mysql password is generated randomly when you install the database server, and will NOT be the same as the box root password.

There are two ways to figure it out – one is the one suggested which is to changing it from NodeWorx –
[/quote]

This is correct. The root MySQL password for the system MySQL is randomly generated at install time, and you can change it in NodeWorx.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Tim;8891] the second is to run

the line of random text in the spot where I put password is your root mysql password (note: do NOT at the @unix part)[/QUOTE]

This is technically the ‘iworx’ MySQL user, not the ‘root’ MySQL user, for the system instance of MySQL. The ‘iworx’ user has all the same privileges as the ‘root’ user. This allows InterWorx the access it needs to make MySQL changes, while leaving you free to set your own root MySQL password. You should never attempt to change the passwords in any of the dsn= or rootdsn= lines in the iworx.ini.