missing dependencies on cron report

Error: Missing Dependency: librrd.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package rrdtool-perl-1.2.27-4.el5.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Error: Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin is needed by package simscan-1.2-103.rhe5x.iworx.x86_64 (installed)
Error: fipscheck-lib conflicts with fipscheck
Error: Missing Dependency: rrdtool = 1.2.27-4.el5.art is needed by package rrdtool-perl-1.2.27-4.el5.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Error: Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin >= 3.0.2 is needed by package interworx-4.1.0-247.iworx.noarch (installed)

and on yum update spamassassin, I get:

–> Finished Dependency Resolution
interworx-4.2.0-263.iworx.noarch from interworx-cp-noarch has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin >= 3.0.2 is needed by package interworx-4.2.0-263.iworx.noarch (interworx-cp-noarch)
simscan-1.2-103.rhe5x.iworx.x86_64 from installed has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin is needed by package simscan-1.2-103.rhe5x.iworx.x86_64 (installed)
interworx-4.1.0-247.iworx.noarch from installed has depsolving problems
–> Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin >= 3.0.2 is needed by package interworx-4.2.0-263.iworx.noarch (interworx-cp-noarch)
Error: Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin >= 3.0.2 is needed by package interworx-4.2.0-263.iworx.noarch (interworx-cp-noarch)
Error: Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin is needed by package simscan-1.2-103.rhe5x.iworx.x86_64 (installed)

i am getting the above in my cron reports. this box is CentOS 5 64 bit, panel is showing 4.1.0 (not 4.2.0-263), spamassassin is 3.2.5. is there a simple fix and/or is an updated spamassin rpm pending on updates for the 263 panel? should i just do

[root@host ~]# rpm -Uvh http://updates.interworx.com/iworx/RPMS/noarch/interworx-4.2.0-263.iworx.noarch.rpm

???

thx,
john

hi. can anyone help with this?

I am still getting the following in my logs. Any help would be appreciated:

Error: Missing Dependency: librrd.so.2()(64bit) is needed by package rrdtool-perl-1.2.27-4.el5.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Error: fipscheck-lib conflicts with fipscheck
Error: Missing Dependency: rrdtool = 1.2.27-4.el5.art is needed by package rrdtool-perl-1.2.27-4.el5.art.x86_64 (atomic)
Error: Missing Dependency: SpamAssassin >= 3.0.2 is needed by package interworx-4.1.0-247.iworx.noarch (installed)

Hi there -

The Atomic repo is causing the problems - the versions of SpamAssassin, etc, cause compatibility issues with the InterWorx repos and a few others. Removing that repo should fix the problem.

If you want to keep Atomic, you’ll need to mess with excluding the packages that are causing grief, in this case, starting with SpamAssassin.

Here’s a reasonable tutorial to get you started: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/redhat-centos-linux-yum-update-exclude-packages/

If you do go the “exclude” path, respond here and let everyone know which packages needed to be excluded! We’ve seen this issue in the past, and it’d be nice to have a better answer than “don’t do that” :slight_smile:

Tim