MTA Level Outbound E-mail Address Blacklist, is that email going out?

Confused I am,
when I put an email address in MTA Level Outbound E-mail Address Blacklist,
it ends up in /var/qmail/control/badmailto

Same when I put an email address in MTA Level Inbound E-mail Address Blacklist: it ends up in /var/qmail/control/badmailfrom

very confusing to me if you ask me, can some one explain if this is correct way of me thinking?

Thanks Nico

Hi @Nico

Your right its not really clear and I’m not sure myself. Could you open a ticket so support can confirm the behaviour and update our docs as well as let our Devs know what they want the quick help tips to say.

Hi

@Nico @IWorx-Joseph I am sorry, I thought Nico was using v7 as I did not recognise some screenshots he sent me

I have just finished onsite and have to drive home but quickly, this makes perfect sense to me now as folllows:

You need to remember we are talking about sending/receiving from your server, so

MTA level Outbound Email Address is email been sent from your server - email address should go in badmailto (to address)

eg from me@domain.url been sent to bad@domainme.url

MTA level Inbound Email Address is email been received to your server - email address shoudl go in badmailfrom (from address)

eg to me@domain.url been sent from bad@domainme.url

I hope this explains it better and I think once you remember it is from the perspective of been sent/from your server, it makes sense

Many thanks

John

@d2d4j
Hi John,
so it is correct in the Nodeworx settings, and from server perspective it is also in the correct files.
Phwww.
Thanks a zillion.
Nico