MySql old passwords and SiteWorx PhpMyAdmin

Hello,

I modified the my.cnf file to disable old passwords and changed the SQL user’s password. Everything works fine except to use PhpMyAdmin from Siteworx. I always get this error message:
DB Error: connect failed mysql://XXXXXXXX:fjt8wn1lkj@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/

The PhpMyAdmin in NodeWorx works fine too. When I changed the passwords, I generated new password for XXXXXXXX (This is the Unix User Name of the account) now all the passwords of the account are in new format.

To solve the problem I had to allow old passwords in my.cnf again. How can I totally disable old passwords?

Thank you!

Hi

I’m sorry, interworx uses an internal ver 4 MySQL and as such, needs the old password enabled, even though the installed MySQL is ver 5, for siteworx hosts.

I know interworx may have reasons for this, as I stated in a previous post, but I think I read on the forum it’s primary due to a licence condition, which hopefully soon maybe overcome and the internal MySQL updated to ver 5.

This though, is my personal opinion

Many thanks

John

Hi

Sorry here’s the post re disabling old password in MySQL

http://forums.interworx.com/showthread.php?t=7918

Many thanks

John

Thank you for your reply! In my case is enough to change the passwords to the new format because of a self developed .net application, because it works only with the new format. Fortunately everything work in IW with the new passwords after set back to old password format.

But I hope the internal SQL will be updated to ver 5 soon, it would be better to handle same password formats.