MYSQL outside access

Hello,

I am new to IW-CP and am switching to Linux. I have installed IW and everything is working good. As I have installed it on the faster server I have which used to be a windows box running MYsql. I would like to allow the other server to use this one for it’s database server. I have tried everything to let the other one access this one but it always responds with xxx.xxx.xx.xx ip not allowed.

How do I allow access from another IP. for certin users? Any help would be great! I am used to using the mysql gui in windows to set all these settings.

Thanks

When you grant a user access to a database (“Manage Users” from the Databases page) in SiteWorx, you can specify the client addresses the permissions apply to. The default is localhost, allowing only connections from the local machine. You can change this to an IP address, hostname, % (wildcard), or combination of the previous to grant access from the other server on a per-user/database basis.

Also, make sure the firewall port is open :wink:

Have tried both

Hello, I have tried both sugestions. an IP of the other server and % for the user. The firewall is open on tcpip in and out, udp closed in and out. but I still recieve the same reply.

Could not connect to the specified instance Mysql Error Number 1045 Access denied for ‘user’[EMAIL="‘user’xxx’@‘xx.xx.xx.xx’"]xxx’@‘xx.xx.xx.xx’(using[/EMAIL] password:YES)

Thanks for the quick reply.

[QUOTE=tantons;11458]Hello, I have tried both sugestions. an IP of the other server and % for the user. The firewall is open on tcpip in and out, udp closed in and out. but I still recieve the same reply.

Could not connect to the specified instance Mysql Error Number 1045 Access denied for ‘user’[EMAIL="‘user’xxx’@‘xx.xx.xx.xx’"]xxx’@‘xx.xx.xx.xx’(using[/EMAIL] password:YES)

Thanks for the quick reply.[/QUOTE]

You should pick an existing user name and use % as the host in SiteWorx on the far right.

just tried that and got same responce. have tried with original mysql and an upgraded version 5.0.22

I have read something about a config file that might be blocking it but I can not find this on the interworx box!!

Thanks

I have it working. I am not sure why but even on a completely fresh install I had to run mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=xxxxx. But at first it would not let me run it. I had to sign in to mysql as root run sevrel other commands after which it would then let me run this script. The same worked for version 5 except using mysql_upgrade --password=xxxxx. after singing in and running sevral other mysql commands.

Thank you for your help!!! I have been very impressed with the responce of Interworx when there was a problem.

Thanks