Need help with AWBS

Does anyone have any experience using AWBS with Interworx that can answer some questions for me? I’ve been struggling with AWBS for a couple weeks now for various things, and the next problem I’ve come to is with Interworx and AWBS.
I was setting everything up and was using the free enom account I received through AWBS that is supported by them. That’s almost true. The API between them and enom does not create MX records for domains purchased through it.
Okay, so I’ll run my own DNS. I know Interworx is using djbdns, but how do I go about setting it up in AWBS? I’ve asked this question on their forums, but get no answer there, so I thought I might try here.
My server has IPs .50-.54 and I have ns1 set as .50 and ns2 set as .54 (I’ll add a third one in a different location once I get it to work). I went in and configured ns1 and ns2 under my registrar setup and in my server setup for this server (.50). Now when someone purchases a domain (with hosting) from me it should create the DNS entries in Interworx, correct? And will they be able to manage the DNS from the AWBS panel?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, so you will not go without a reply here, I do own a copy of AWBS, however its not my production software, I am still using ClientExec.

I know this isn’t a very useful reply. However if you find an answer I would be intrested in reading about it here.

[quote=jakev383;12790]Does anyone have any experience using AWBS with Interworx that can answer some questions for me? I’ve been struggling with AWBS for a couple weeks now for various things, and the next problem I’ve come to is with Interworx and AWBS.
I was setting everything up and was using the free enom account I received through AWBS that is supported by them. That’s almost true. The API between them and enom does not create MX records for domains purchased through it.
Okay, so I’ll run my own DNS. I know Interworx is using djbdns, but how do I go about setting it up in AWBS? I’ve asked this question on their forums, but get no answer there, so I thought I might try here.
My server has IPs .50-.54 and I have ns1 set as .50 and ns2 set as .54 (I’ll add a third one in a different location once I get it to work). I went in and configured ns1 and ns2 under my registrar setup and in my server setup for this server (.50). Now when someone purchases a domain (with hosting) from me it should create the DNS entries in Interworx, correct? And will they be able to manage the DNS from the AWBS panel?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Hello,

I think I’m the only staffer with experience with AWBS – though most of that was when it was still called DramsPlus – so I’ll try to answer your questions.

Yes InterWorx will take care of all of the necessary DNS entries for you as long as the domains are pointed to your box. In some cases you may need to log into NodeWorx and create A Records for ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com especially if the nameservers were on a different domain previously to get the DNS on the box to work.

It sounds like you’ve done everything you need to do. Assuming you’ve generated an API key and put it in the corect place in AWBS (you don’t need to specify an user like it may ask you to) and done any other configuration needed it will automatically create the account for them yes.

Unfortunately, no they will NOT be able to manage the DNS through AWBS (other than setting nameservers) because the only link it has to InterWorx is to create, delete, suspend, and unsuspend siteworx accounts. Right now the way it works in InterWorx is that only the NodeWorx (and Reseller in 3.0 RC) have access to actually change DNS records.

Did I answer your questions? I haven’t used this in probably 2 years so appologies if I missed anything.

Tim

[quote=IWorx-Tim;12798]Hello,

I think I’m the only staffer with experience with AWBS – though most of that was when it was still called DramsPlus – so I’ll try to answer your questions.

Yes InterWorx will take care of all of the necessary DNS entries for you as long as the domains are pointed to your box. In some cases you may need to log into NodeWorx and create A Records for ns1.mycompany.com and ns2.mycompany.com especially if the nameservers were on a different domain previously to get the DNS on the box to work.

It sounds like you’ve done everything you need to do. Assuming you’ve generated an API key and put it in the corect place in AWBS (you don’t need to specify an user like it may ask you to) and done any other configuration needed it will automatically create the account for them yes.

Unfortunately, no they will NOT be able to manage the DNS through AWBS (other than setting nameservers) because the only link it has to InterWorx is to create, delete, suspend, and unsuspend siteworx accounts. Right now the way it works in InterWorx is that only the NodeWorx (and Reseller in 3.0 RC) have access to actually change DNS records.

Did I answer your questions? I haven’t used this in probably 2 years so appologies if I missed anything.

Tim[/quote]

Sorry it’s been so long. Got tied up with other things.
And thanks for the reply. I ended up figuring out most of that on my own and have a working setup now.
Now I’m off to troll the forum to find out how to setup an off-site DNS server that will automatically replicate what is setup by Interworx.
Thanks!

No Problem :slight_smile: