Nodeworx control panel keeps disappearing

Hi

I have a vps running on 192MB RAM. Every few days, I would get alert messages such as:
/bin/bash: line 1: 1574 Terminated ./iworx.pex --fively
/bin/bash: line 1: 22101 Terminated ./iworx.pex --fively
FATAL: erealloc(): Unable to allocate 15360 bytes
/bin/bash: line 1: 30153 Terminated ./iworx.pex --fively

And I would NOT be able to log into NODEWORX.

My host keeps telling me to upgrade the RAM. But there’s only ONE website on the vps and there isn’t much traffic.

I suspect it’s INTERWORX that’s causing the problem.

I am beginning to regret moving to Interworx control panel.
True, the graphs are a nice addition. The backup options are handy. And the DNS modification panel’s a blessing. (I was previously on CPANEL) But, this ‘control panel disappearance’ stuff is getting me all hot and bothered.

Upgrading your memory to 256MB might be a good idea. SpamAssassin and ClamAV take up ~160MB of memory alone, when they’re just sitting idle. With 192MB total, that doesn’t leave room for much else. Alternatively, you can disable ClamAV and/or SpamAssassin.

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I will try doing this.

Problem is … I can’t get into NODEWORX control panel. First I get the message ‘waiting for…’ then I see ‘Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage’.

You can always try, as root; service clamd stop then try and get into Iworx again if it’s ‘disappeared’ due to lack of memory.

Hi

Thanks EverythingWeb for your suggestion.

While I was visiting Webhostingtalk.com, I chanced upon a thread on JaguarPC vpses. It appears I am not alone in having this problem plaguing my vps. Could it be that it’s not INTERWORX causing the problem but rather the vps machine itself?