Number of emails sent

Hello,

It’d be very fine if we could have, in nodeworx, some stats per domain.

For example, the most important I see now is the number of emails sent.
I didn’t find a way to count how many emails a domain/user send and it is important to detect mail bomb script for example.

If we could have a counter per domain/per hour for example our per day it"d then be easy to detect spammers on our boxes !

In fact it is not necessary stat grpah, it could be a text file in the maildir/domaindir with just few numbers
hourly : xxxx
daily : xxx
monthly : xxx

I’m very concern about spammers that could reside on our boxes because, as you know you might have your IP backlisted, and in this case it is not really cool, so sysadmin has to follow this.

Pascal

Of course if you have a solution to count the number of email sent, then I’ll take it !

I didn’t find a lot things with google. Just maybe this perl module http://search.cpan.org/~msimerson/Mail-Toaster-5.05/lib/Mail/Toaster/Logs.pm

Pascal

[QUOTE=pascal;13461]
If we could have a counter per domain/per hour for example our per day it"d then be easy to detect spammers on our boxes !

I’m very concern about spammers that could reside on our boxes because, as you know you might have your IP backlisted, and in this case it is not really cool, so sysadmin has to follow this.

Pascal[/QUOTE]
Instead of just a counter, if iworx could limit the number of mails that an user could send (at a time), will it make the IP always safe from the blacklists?

Well i prefer the counter because i want to be able to take the decision myself

I mean if you host a mailing list it is normal there is a lot of email sent, but for others “norma” hostingl it might be an alert !

So yes, iworx could allow to set some limit but just alert the sysadmin in this case

pascal

Great advice, Pascal! :slight_smile:

It would be great to be able to limit how many emails accounts are allowed to send per 24 hours and/or per hour + the possibility to whitelist accounts to be excluded from these limits.

This could be very useful to be able to set a limit for each siteworx account

yep but the most important is to have somewhere, at least, a counter and some limits under which iworx send an email alert to the sysadmin !

We had some accounts who sent 140000 emails in one shot with some kinds of mail bombing soft, if we had this kind of tools we’d be alerted sooner !

Pascal

Logwatch gives me the send/receive stats on each domain every day.

Strange, for me it doesn’t even with a detail = 5

Pascal

I have mine set to detail = 10 and I had to change the logfiles for the qmail settings in:

/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/qmail-send-current.conf

and

/usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/qmail-smtpd-current.conf