Online WebSite creator

Hello,

We currently looking for an online website creator software for providers. Indeed we’d like to offer to our clients the abilty to buy hosting plan with online website creator includes (like this tarifs might be based on number of pages for example)

So we have few questions :

1- (for interworx team) Does InterWorx plans to integrate a tool like this ?

2- Do you know some softwares like this ?

3- Did you succesfuly integrate it in InterWorx ?

4- Your returns about it

googling for this give us some links, but as we don’t know them it is difficult to choose. More we’d really like to integrate them in Interworx, so all interworx’s comunauty experiences are welcome

Some links found in google :

etc…

Thanks by advance

Pascal
CH

[quote=pascal;9950]Hello,

We currently looking for an online website creator software for providers. Indeed we’d like to offer to our clients the abilty to buy hosting plan with online website creator includes (like this tarifs might be based on number of pages for example)

So we have few questions :

1- (for interworx team) Does InterWorx plans to integrate a tool like this ?[/quote]

This is one of those “we want to do this someday” things that is on the todo list but not really high at this point. I’ve looked at both SiteZen and another called phpwebsitecreator or something to that effect.

SiteZen contacted us a while back about this, they are willing to work with us on it. Socheat and I took a cursory look and believe it will probably integrate successfully with some hand coding but we didn’t really have any time to persue it. In essence you open mysite.com/sitezen and compose/edit your site from there.

I’m not sure if they are persuing it internally or are waiting for us. I did offer them a signle domain license for dev ourposes if they wanted.

I have been pondering this for a while as well. And I have tested the waters with several, and I keep coming back to Soholaunch. I really like what they have done with their product over the last few years. Cpanel and Plesk already has a installer for Soholaunch, it would be nice to have same on Interworx, but maybe the Scriptworx in 3.0 will be able to solve the issue, dunno. :confused:

I did ask Soholaunch to contact InterWorx some months back to see what could be worked out to make a easy optional intergration, and Soholaunch folk told me they never heard back from any from Interworx. So the issue was dropped.

I just checked my email arhives and have nothing from Soholaunch. All I have is Dan from SiteZen, so it either happened before I came on staff, was directed to an indivudual not one of the aliases OR was somehow lost in the SPAM filters. My guess is the latter.

If Soholaunch is interested in integrating with is we would be interested in working with them but they would need to do the work to set up the integration at this point as all of our staff have their hands full with other Iworx and (in some cases) Nexcess matters.

We’d be glad to provide them with a single domain license for testing and answer any questions they may have along the way.

Tim I will contact them again, and let them know, at the time I might of given them Chris’s email, but cant remember, but never the less I will pass along your information. And Thanks!

Thanks Guys !

So yet, for you, it could be SiteZen or Soholaunch

Hope these two softs are multilanguage enable :slight_smile: It is an important point indeed.

I’ll have a look at these.

Thanks !

Pascal

One thing to note is that when you contact one of us directly it tends to take longer to get a response because each of us is busy at different times. I generally suggest people who want to contact us use info@interworx.com as that alias (and most of the other aliases as well) goes to all staff and when we reply to your letter we cc it to that address so the others know that you have been responded to.

[quote=pascal;9968]Thanks Guys !

So yet, for you, it could be SiteZen or Soholaunch

Hope these two softs are multilanguage enable :slight_smile: It is an important point indeed.[/quote]

Just so everyone is on the same page, I have no idea which if either if these we will eventually arrange some kind of licensing with, but at the very least we should be able to work with the devs to get it so they work with Iworx for those who do buy the licenses.

In most cases we’ve tried to use only free/open source tools. Filemam being the exception here because of how good a product it was and the fact that we got such a good deal on a perpetual license :wink:

I believe both are multi-lingual.

Tim, I went back and looked at the old ticket reagarding this issue at Soholaunch. And here is the exact conversation I had with the Soholaunch folks:

Updated: Thursday, 02/09 - 4:46pm XXXXXXX said… OK, I noticed you sent a email to chris @ interworx.com you might want to resend to info @ interworx.com, I had success at that email address in the past. Roy

Updated: Friday, 02/10 - 10:28am Soholaunch.com, Inc said… We have forwarded our response to info @ interworx.com and are awaiting a response. Thank you for the update. Cameron Allen

Soholaunch Support Team Updated: Friday, 02/10 - 3:30pm Soholaunch.com, Inc said… We sent the email to info@ and also to partnering@ which were addresses listed on their website. No response yet. Jim Buckler Soholaunch Support Team

Jim Buckler is head of development of Soholaunch, looks like no one ever got back with him, to my knowledge. Considering they attempted to established contact with Interworx, I guess the ball is in Interworx side of the court to reply.

I would like to say, regardless of whether its OPEN source or commercial software, if a piece of software is part of the business plan of one of Interworx’s customers business plan and the thrid party is willing to work with Interworx to develop a interface, what difference does it make if its open source or not. Maybe a “PLUGIN” scheme could be put into place to allow the operators of Interworx decide what is best for our business. That is the spirit I feel that is here at Interworx, I hope I am not wrong.

Thanks for your guys time to check into this again.

Hi R-n-R,

Have them contact me directly, I’ll respond to them immediately.

Thanks,
Socheat

[quote=IWorx-Socheat;10005]Hi R-n-R,

Have them contact me directly, I’ll respond to them immediately.

Thanks,
Socheat[/quote]

Socheat, would be happy to do so, can you PM me with your contact info? Thanks

I think there is some misunderstanding – we are ALWAYS willing to work with third parties in this case. What I was referring to was a licensing agreement like we have with Fileman (it comes with every Iworx license).

Since Iworx sets up the webhosting enviroment which these tools would have to work within (e.g. directory structure, apache settings, etc.) it us up to them to eiter provide a special bundle of their software OR instructions on how to make their tool work in our enviroment and we are ALWAYS willing to work with them in this case. As an example I am working with the devlopers of Ubersmith (billing software) to get an Iworx specific Install/config doc for their software. I’l also giving them feedback on how to make their software work with InterWorx better.

We are always looking for new software partners. Sometimes things slip through the crackse email wise, and that seems to be the case here and for that we are sorry. As socheat said he will reply to them if they resend their message directly to him. Hopefully we can get things worked out.

we are ALWAYS willing to work with third parties in this case

I hope you don’t mind me throwing in a suggestion here, as it isn’t on the topic of site creators. Invision Power (the people who make Invision Board) are working on a web hosting control panel called Nexus. It is due out pretty soon, but to begin with it will only support CPanel. I think they said Plesk would be next on the list, so I thought I would let you know about the product in case you hadn’t heard of it and are interested in getting Interworx integrated with it (they say they are going to add all major control panels eventually, but based on how long it has taken for them to come out with the actual billing system, I doubt Interworx will be done for a while unless you are interested in getting it done).

Bob,

IPB actually contacted us to get a single domain demo license for testing so they may be working on it along with the other panels.

Excellent. Maybe I’ll have a nice combination of Invision Power Board, Invision Power Nexus and Interworx 3 by the end of the year. :smiley:

[quote=bob;10029]I hope you don’t mind me throwing in a suggestion here, as it isn’t on the topic of site creators. [/qiote]

Suggest away :slight_smile:

Invision Power (the people who make Invision Board) are working on a web hosting control panel called Nexus. It is due out pretty soon, but to begin with it will only support CPanel. I think they said Plesk would be next on the list, so I thought I would let you know about the product in case you hadn’t heard of it and are interested in getting Interworx integrated with it (they say they are going to add all major control panels eventually, but based on how long it has taken for them to come out with the actual billing system, I doubt Interworx will be done for a while unless you are interested in getting it done).

Actually even more than us wanting to get it done (short of us doing the coding for them which we generally don’t do) it’s clients like yourself who they listen to. Ubersmith put their Iworx integration ahead of Plesk and DA largely due to beta testers and clients on their forums demanding it.

This is a distinct possiblility, one of our more vocal Iworx supporting clients is beta testing Nexus for them. :slight_smile:

Tim, yes I heard back from Soholaunch guys and looks like they are getting with the IW folks to get things rolling.

Looks like a lot of great things are starting to happen with IW.

In regards to Billing systems, by chance have you guys heard from ClientExec or AWBS?

Yes, we have. ModermBill, ClientExec, Whois()Cart, and AWBS (formerly Drams) and Ubersmith all integrate with InterWorx.

We’ve reached a point with the software that we’re starting to get peer recognition and respect, so I’m sure more of these things are on the way.