PHP 5.4 Support

Hi,

IW runs on PHP 5.4, or have support for it? I searched on google but can’t find any imformation regarding this. PHP 5.3 is reached EOL and receive only security updates. I think PHP 5.5 needs a lot of work to run properly.

Thanks,
Robert

considering they just upgraded the iworx repo to php 5.3.27… thats a bit disconcerting…

It’s actually possible to upgrade the php version to whatever you like – the internal version of php that InterWorx uses is separate, so upgrading won’t impact anything in the panel itself. :slight_smile:

Has anybody upgraded to php 5.4 already?

We are aware that new versions of popular CMS (Joomla, etc) are requiring php 5.4 but we are reluctant to do it because of the possibility of breaking customers’ code and causing havoc in the system.

Is Interworx ever going to move up to php 5.4?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Hi Crservers

Please see this post for php upgrade from licencecart

I would think any code breaking on clients would only be as a result of any php changes.

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=25562

[QUOTE=CRServers;25665]Has anybody upgraded to php 5.4 already?

We are aware that new versions of popular CMS (Joomla, etc) are requiring php 5.4 but we are reluctant to do it because of the possibility of breaking customers’ code and causing havoc in the system.

Is Interworx ever going to move up to php 5.4?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Regards,[/QUOTE]

InterWorx doesn’t actually provide the php version that your clients use – that is determined by the OS installed, and you can change it anytime without affecting InterWorx. The version of PHP that InterWorx does provide is used internally only for InterWorx.

As you noted, though, php version changes can cause issues with certain applications your customers may be running.