PHP Email problem (possible bug?)

I’ve noticed over the last few days that email sent from PHP scripts are not working. I don’t use the mail() function, but rather the SMTP class from PEAR.

It is connecting to the Qmail localhost, but I am getting the following error message:

<Array@mail.justechnology.com>:
Sorry. Although I’m listed as a best-preference MX or A for that host, it isn’t in my control/locals file, so I don’t treat it as local. (#5.4.6)

I tried changing the email server name back to the original (before the 1.9 update) and now get the following error message:

<Array@server1.horn.com>:
Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

Not sure if this is some kind of bug with the new email setup, but this did work for many months without any problems and I have changed nothing.

Any advice?

I bet this is due to the php 4.3.10 upgrade. You’ll need to upgrade to the latest version of ioncube loader or zend optimizer, whichever you’re using on your server. Unfortuntaely PHP version 4.3.10 caused a problem in both these packages that requires the upgrade.

Paul

It also messed up the foreach function. It was just returning array instead of the elements of the array.

Anyway, I commented out the following in my PHP.ini:

zend_extension=/usr/lib/php4/ioncube_loader_lin_4.3.so

and everything seems to be working now. I added the ioncube a long time ago before I realized that Iworx had it’s own PHP.

Also, since you guys use IonCube do you know if Ioncube Loader would speed PHP scripts up if they aren’t encoded? Does the IonCube Loader work as a decoder and like the IonCube PHP Accelerator (http://www.php-accelerator.co.uk/).

If not, is it possible to have both IonCube decoder and the PHP accelerator?

Thanks for the heads up Paul! :smiley:

Just installed the PHPA with the new IonCube Loader and everything is working. I guess it’s kind of pointless to have the Loader as I dont have any encoded scripts, but I guess it doesn’t hurt.