PHP Extensions

Hi. How are PHP extensions activated in Interworx. Is SSH the only way or is there an interface option?

Hi giray

Welcome to IW forums

If you are making installing php modules - yes ssh to install them and use correct php ssh commands for the php-fpm you may want to use it for

If you mean the modules are already installed and you want siteworx users to use them then there is 2 options

htaccess or create a user.ini

The above should use the modules if installed

Many thanks

John

Thanks John!! For me, it’s the only thing slowing me down in my cpanel to interworx migration because I do quite a bit of on/off with php modules and I’m not the king of ssh. I do have an in-house sysadmin but it means bugging her every time. I may still make the jump… Quick question, do you know if an interface approach to php modules is on the IW roadmap? If you don’t or can’t say, no worries, but maybe there’s a roadmap somewhere that I’m not aware of.
Thanks again.
Giray

Hi giray

Many thanks

Yes php options is as far as I?m aware on the roadmap but no timeframe as yet

If your IW-CP is a new install, most of the php options used regularly are auto installed as is mariaDB instead of MySQL and few other changes which used to require manual ssh intervention

I noticed this last week when installing a new IW-CP

Kudos to interworx

If you preload all php options, then they can use the ones they want and the other options will not take much resources

I can post tommorow a full list of php options and it is single line on ssh to install them. You just need to remember to restart php-fpm from nodeworx, system services, web server to update php-fpm after install

Many thanks

John

I do have an in-house sysadmin but it means bugging her every time. I may still make the jump… Quick question, do you know if an interface approach to php modules is on the IW roadmap? If you don’t or can’t say, no worries, but maybe there’s a roadmap somewhere that I’m not aware of.