PHP5 SRPM Error?

I hope this is in the correct place…

So i recently got Interworx running and after a few hours managed to get mysql up to 4.1 as per the guide on these forums. I thought the next logical thing to do was to install php5. I followed the guide to setup the SRPM for CentOs 3 (im using 3.6), but right at the end of the installation i receive the following error:

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ext/soap/php_encoding.o(.text+0x6c9): In function `to_zval_string':
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.0.4/ext/soap/php_encoding.c:502: undefined reference to `xmlBufferCreateStatic'
ext/soap/php_encoding.o(.text+0x8c7): In function `to_zval_stringr':
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.0.4/ext/soap/php_encoding.c:538: undefined reference to `xmlBufferCreateStatic'
ext/soap/php_encoding.o(.text+0xac7): In function `to_zval_stringc':
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.0.4/ext/soap/php_encoding.c:574: undefined reference to `xmlBufferCreateStatic'
ext/soap/php_encoding.o(.text+0xdf5): In function `to_xml_string':
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/php-5.0.4/ext/soap/php_encoding.c:642: undefined reference to `xmlBufferCreateStatic'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.81010 (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.81010 (%build)

It is begining to annoy me, ive been doing this for the past 4 hours or so. This is about my 7th attempt, i know its not supported but it cant really be that hard to get this working now can it?

My general problem is that i dont know what i need to do to sort this error out. I would appreciate it if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Andrew

Did you try to build it with this command?

[LEFT]rpmbuild --rebuild --with rhe4x http://updates.interworx.info/iworx/SRPMS/experimental/php-5.0.4-100.iworx.src.rpm[/LEFT]

Since the rhe4x tells me that you should build it on RHEL 4.x or Centos 4.x, not Centos 3.x

But I’m not an expert.

Yes i know but i changed it to cos3x as per the guide’s instructions to build for CentOs 3.x

Ive managed to get the error down to what seems like a fairly simple one:

libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libxml2.la’

This is the only thing that seems to be stoping the compile… is there anyway i can disable xml functions because i dont use XML functions on the server that i wish to run php5.

couldn’t help but to notice this topic title from the front page, where I just posted my PHP5 upgrade experiences here:
http://www.interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1189

Hope they help.
Alex