Hi everyone,

phpBB Group announces the release of phpBB 2.0.12. This release
addresses a couple of potential exploits and fixes a number of issues
involving path disclosures, etc. It also introduces a new ACP based
version check (language package maintainers please note the
additional localisation required for this). For further information
please see our announcements forum at www.phpbb.com:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=265423

As with all new releases we urge you to upgrade as soon as possible.
You can of course find this download available on our website at:

http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php

As per usual three packages are available to simplify your upgrade.
Upgrade information using the mod template should be available
shortly (for those who prefer this method).

Can’t seem to download the new update. If you get a chance can you attach it to your post here?

Thanks,

I can’t either :frowning:

It seems that sourceforge is having problems.

Still not working for me. :rolleyes:

Anyone know of an alternate source to get the update?

The servers are still having problems, but I did managed to download one copy of the full package. I’ve uploaded it here temporarily:

http://www.transwarphosting.net/files/phpBB-2.0.12.zip

Please only download it once, as it’s taking my bandwidth.

Tim

Tim, thanks for the link, but I think you can take it down, I found this from the PHPBBforums:

Posted by NeoThermic on phpBB.com

Changed Files
_Download phpBB-2.0.12-files.tar.bz2 (phpBB)
_Download phpBB-2.0.12-files.tar.gz (phpBB)
_http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/phpbb/phpBB-2.0.12-files.zip

Patch Files
_Download phpBB-2.0.12-patch.tar.bz2 (phpBB)
_Download phpBB-2.0.12-patch.tar.gz (phpBB)
_Download phpBB-2.0.12-patch.zip (phpBB)

Full Package
_Download phpBB-2.0.12.tar.bz2 (phpBB)
_Download phpBB-2.0.12.tar.gz (phpBB)
_Download phpBB-2.0.12.zip (phpBB)

I added the “_” so that the full URL would show up in this forum and because it doens’t work when you click on it, you have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

just in time for 2.0.13 (No I’m NOT kidding)

The only reason I will touch phpBB is because other people request it. It has the best groups support I’ve seen, but with these constant problems I’d just like to avoid phpBB.

At least they fixed this quickly, though. I managed to fight eairlier today to download it, and now I just have to do it again.

It would be cool if InterWorx could do this for me :wink:

phpBB is also free, while most of the competition isn’t. :slight_smile:

I know Chris mentioned that they might eventually write their own “fantastico” style script instaler, but I got the impression that it was a ways down the list :slight_smile:

Tim

Since IPB got even less free than it was, that took one of the best free forum packages away right there. Refusing to touch phpBB, I installed Simple Machines Forums (there was a thread here awhile ago and someone suggested it). Its great, but no support for members to apply to groups or group moderators. The two features of phpBB I like :slight_smile:

I mentioned having IWorx install software to Chris or Paul some time ago, and as handy as it would be, I too think it is far off. There are just so many other things to do. This is case where I just trust them to keep going. If I really think they should add a feature but they refuse or its not a high priority, I know its the right choice. I’m sure the other IWorx dev(s) are great at what they do too, but I just don’t know them :slight_smile:

Plus bloat is evil :slight_smile:

Really there’s just Socheat I think, and as you can tell from the posts in the Beer Garden he’s shy :wink: Bojan does not appear to be around anymore and Greg works with them but I gather he’s not really a (Lunux) programmer. He DID however write most of the tutorials on the Nexcess.net website.

I mentioned having IWorx install software to Chris or Paul some time ago, and as handy as it would be, I too think it is far off. There are just so many other things to do. This is case where I just trust them to keep going. If I really think they should add a feature but they refuse or its not a high priority, I know its the right choice. I’m sure the other IWorx dev(s) are great at what they do too, but I just don’t know them

This is underway, along with resellers and other goodies. Fear not!!

The first person to ask when it will be released gets caned :).

Chris

I like the Id (John Carmack) style of release date… When its done.
:smiley:

I like the fact thay Nexcess always said that. I can’t tell you how many things I’ve used that were released when marketing wanted them released, only to have disasters pop up (Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows XP, … ;)). I suppose using Nexcess.net is like waiting for a good pot of stew. It can take all day to make but when its done, you’ll be happy you waited.

Thanks CMI :). It’s just all around better to release when a feature is done (right) and not when it may sound good advertising/marketing wise to release things. We took an extra 3 weeks from our goal date of 1.9 just to test (and re-test) and prod / tweak etc. I’d rather do that and hear some grumbles than release a product that breaks immediately and causes caos :).

So feel free everyone to grumble! but understand that we’re working on a TON of stuff behind the scenes and we’ll have the bases covered sooner than you may think :).

Chris

Bluesin’s comments…

Cause you know I’m shy about stuff:>)

I mentioned having IWorx install software to Chris or Paul some time ago, and as handy as it would be, I too think it is far off. There are just so many other things to do. This is case where I just trust them to keep going. If I really think they should add a feature but they refuse or its not a high priority, I know its the right choice. I’m sure the other IWorx dev(s) are great at what they do too, but I just don’t know them

I like that idea, and after reading Tims requirements for fileman, I started thinking about it a bit.

And of course the first thing that came to mind was to avoid doing it the way Ensim does (gee bluesin, were really starting to think you have issues here, perhaps there is an Ensim Anonymous group you can attend:>)).

Actually Ensims method it not bad, however, its more bloatware as far as I’m concerned and really gallery is just not that hard to download and install and neither is oscommerce, or any of the nukes or most of today’s software.

Most of todays scripts are very automated as to how easy they are to install so having Interworx wtite a bunch of scripts to do it would be a waste of time and effort better spent elsewhere. I was thinking that it would be nice to allow us to add in the software we want, set up some parameters, such as creating mysql databases in prep, install directories, link to install script, etc. That way if I want gallery as one of my apps, I have a method of adding it into nodeworx for automatic installation, based on my definitions…

That way we could all be free to have our own set of apps we choose to use and add them to packages, sites, etc…

Just the newbies 2 cents:>)

Well my theory is problems with software running on servers are the problems of the server admins. If you have IWorx install software and maintain it (of course not messing with config files, themes, etc…) you don’t have to wait for users to update software when there are problems.

I don’t think of it as bloat, I think of it as a way users can opt-in to having the server administrator control their software, to keep it up to date (But that is just the way I would do it. No idea how the Nexcess crew would do it.)

I know better Chris. I’ve spend too much time on these forums. But I know that when you guys deliver you really deliver; kudos on 1.9.0, another landmark release.

I’m not shy, it’s just that Chris and Paul only let me out of my dungeon once a week to answer nature’s call. :wink:

just one word :

lol :stuck_out_tongue: