pipe email to program or script

I need to pipe email to a script. I found an earlier thread from 2004 which referenced this same problem http://www.interworx.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-237.html but I’m still stuck. From what I understand I need to create a file in:

/var/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com

The filename should be: .qmail-myemail

And the contents should be:

|/usr/local/someprogram

However, this doesn’t seem to trigger the program when sending an email to myemail@mydomain.com

I have not setup an alias or a mailbox with this email address. The permissions on ‘someprogram’ are 777 and the permissions and owner on .qmail-myemail are:

-rw-r–r-- 1 vpopmail mydomain 64 Feb 3 13:13 .qmail-myemail

I’ve restarted qmail… Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

I’d appreciate your assistance.

Thanks,
Cliff.

You should be able to see a few debugging messages in /var/log/smtp/current. I’d look there first.

Socheat

Even though I’m a little disappointed that there’s no version 3.0… the support that Interworx provides is first rate… I don’t think I even closed my browser before I had a reply! That alone definitely keeps me a customer!

Anyway, things seem to be working after I retraced my steps while writing the email. The only “weird” thing I’m getting is an error message from the PHP script, if I run it directly, PHP notice undefined variable argv…

Thanks for your prompt response.

Cliff.