possible small bug when changing MySQL Server Options on Nodeworx

I’m sorry I’m not sure if this is really a bug or intended, but think it’s a bit strange to be intended? I had this /etc/my.cnf (default for my centos 6 server):

[mysqld]
old-passwords=1
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Disabling symbolic-links is recommended to prevent assorted security risks
symbolic-links=0

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

and noticed that after changing any option on MySQL Server Options on Nodeworx it changes the “symbolic-links=0” line to just “symbolic-links” (no =0, no =1), and adds the custom values (max connections, etc) below it, normally. I did checked with SHOW VARIABLES LIKE ‘%have_symlink%’ and noticed it get’s enabled with just “symbolic-links”, can anyone please confirm me if this is a bug and should I manually re-disable it or is that intended?

Thanks.

You should probably manually re-disable it if this is still an issue. I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I’ll try to confirm it and if I can I’ll submit it as a bug report. Thanks.

I did manually re disabled it, almost 1 year ago, no problem found at all, but not sure if the issue still happens as I didn’t touched mysql settings on iworx interface anymore and a few versions of iworx did come out after that… if you want I test it again just let me know…

If you would, I’d be appreciative. I can’t seem to trigger this on my own tester boxes.

I did just tested it and confirm that the problem doesn’t exist anymore.
Thanks anyway for looking at this topic :wink: