PostGres SQL

Hello,

Do you plan to support PostGreS SQL in a futur Release ?

Pascal

We may Pascal, but don’t have any immediate plans. You can obviously install it and use it along side MySQL but the uesr/db management of siteworx wouldn’t work with it.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Regarding your comment about using postgres “but the uesr/db management of siteworx wouldn’t work with it”.

Do you mean that after user is setup using nodeworx, you cant go in postgres and createuser with the same name having postgres adopt the password login for that user setup through nodeworx?

it was my understanding that nodeworx adduser is the same as adduser in commandline?

What I meant was this:

When you use SiteWorx to manage MySQL databases SiteWorx is interfacing directly with MySQL to add/delete permissions, databases, users etc. There is no such facility for SiteWorx to manage postgres DBs/users/perms (yet).

Also, adduser in nodeworx is not the same as a unix command line useradd/adduser etc. NodeWorx does perform the adduser function on the unix level but it also does more accounting and setup wise.

Chris

Yes thats what i thought it does a true unix adduser, but it added directory scheme as well for nodeworx purposes and sets up virtualhost info, as adduser does not. I tested this today and after setting up account in nodeworx, i createuser in postgres and it accepted the password already set by nodeworx.

You should include pgsql support in initial php?? Just for future possibilities.

exactly.

I tested this today and after setting up account in nodeworx, i createuser in postgres and it accepted the password already set by nodeworx.

Well, NodeWorx only stores the password you input in the iworx internal DB, so postgres was probably defaulting to ‘no password’ as opposed to "the password in iworx’. So I’d double check it kipper3d to make sure

You should include pgsql support in initial php?? Just for future possibilities.

we’ll add it when/if needed to the iworx php copy, if you need it you can simply compile it in or install the pgsql.so for php (I believe it’s on our update server).

Hello,

We have always relied on our server manager to recompile php with postgresql but currently he is unavailable. Could you explain how one adds postgresql support for php? Currently using interworx 3 with centos5 and php5.

Postgres 8 has been installed. Do we have to recompile php with all previous config info and then add --postgres at the end or is there a way to just add postgres support? Or whats pgsql.so? Apache module?

Thanks!

John