Promox novice needs advice with interWorx trial installation

Newbie to Promox on a decent new dedicated server with a interWorx trial evaluation needs all the advice can get…

Especially in setting up the domain name to"aquarinpower.net" and the 4 dedicated IPs if possible…
System IP: 107.150.53.114
Usable IP Range: 107.150.53.114 - 107.150.53.118
Gateway: 107.150.53.113
Subnet Mask:255.255.255.248

Dual Intel Xeon 5520
2.26Ghz - 2 Processors
8 Cores / 16 Threads
2TB SATA Hard drive (in 1 of 3 slots)
• 20TB Monthly Transfer on 1Gb port
• Proxmox 3.2 running in Linux kernel
• 4 usable IPv4 Address (+1 for IPMI)
• /64 IPv6 Address Block

[TABLE=“class: tablelist”]
[TR]
[TD=“class: textcenter”][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Hi aquarianpower

Welcome to interworx forums and your server looks lovely.

I’m sorry, I’m tired but I’m not too sure of your current status for setup.

Do you mean you have promos up and running and assigned correctly

What is your os you have installed on vps

If you have not installed any os as yet, please look up the requirements for interworx from the website, but I would tend to go with centos, then if you want, you could change to cloud Linux

If you have already installed an os, and installed interworx using your domain, it should already be setup on that domain, but I am thinking currently dns is not controlled by interworx cp, so until dns is set and updated, you would need to access IW-cp using IP address

Once logged into nodeworx, you can add ip as needed and assign them to shared, dedicated etc…

If I have time tonight, I’ll post links for easy lookup, or just go to interworx website support docs and you’ll find install and setup docs to get you started.

I hope this helps a little, and I’m sorry if I have not understood your post

Many thanks

John

Hi

I hope this post helps and it contains the links to the do a area

Many thanks

John

http://forums.interworx.com/showpost.php?p=24854

Proxmox really is not like cPanel/WHM running under Centos 6.2

[QUOTE=d2d4j;25656]Hi aquarianpower

Welcome to interworx forums and your server looks lovely.

I’m sorry, I’m tired but I’m not too sure of your current status for setup.

Do you mean you have promos up and running and assigned correctly

What is your os you have installed on vps

If you have not installed any os as yet, please look up the requirements for interworx from the website, but I would tend to go with centos, then if you want, you could change to cloud Linux

If you have already installed an os, and installed interworx using your domain, it should already be setup on that domain, but I am thinking currently dns is not controlled by interworx cp, so until dns is set and updated, you would need to access IW-cp using IP address

Once logged into nodeworx, you can add ip as needed and assign them to shared, dedicated etc…

If I have time tonight, I’ll post links for easy lookup, or just go to interworx website support docs and you’ll find install and setup docs to get you started.

I hope this helps a little, and I’m sorry if I have not understood your post

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

basically Proxmox is a framework that creates VPS subdomains and interworx should be available for each custom snapshot of a iso type virtual disc - or something like that

i have much to learn about Proxmox and they charge too much for support and their docs and wiki leaves a lot to be desired…

If Proxmox is too expensive for you, Have you checked other alternatives, like Virtualizor from Softaculous? A unlimited license only cost $9/month.

How do you plan on handling the Iworx licenses for the guest machines? Do you plan on applying for the reseller program?

If Proxmox support is too expensive, you can always look for server admin companies to help you out (usually one time fee for setup, or monthly fee if you want them to maintain your server). I’ve been working with wizzsolutions.com’s and serveradminz.com, they are helpful but depending on complexity of your issues. It’s best that you open a sales ticket and tell them your requirements, let them quote you a price and see if they are able to help, you want either monthly service or one time service. They may have coupon codes around webhostingtalk.com. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Evanion;25659]If Proxmox is too expensive for you, Have you checked other alternatives, like Virtualizor from Softaculous? A unlimited license only cost $9/month.

How do you plan on handling the Iworx licenses for the guest machines? Do you plan on applying for the reseller program?[/QUOTE]

I have a free install of Promox 3.2 running for some time now, but having problems with the traditional Domain Name Server features and running a secondary server using DirectAdmin which I am trying to tie into the Promox server to no avail… and I am fairly sure this is a clean installation with the proper version of Debian, etc.

In other words, I have to used public server IPs like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to access the features to move templates from turnkeylinux.org to my server, and I have the 2nd level domain name configured for the server and can access with one of five IPs but not the domain name online.