Qmail qmail-remote-auth patch

Hello - I am planning to use Amazon Simple Email Service (SES) to handle delivery of my mail. Does qmail on Interworx support remote auth or do I need to install the qmail-remote-auth patch manually. Any potential issues with doing so?

Thanks!

Hi cf_tx

If I understand correctly, all you would need to do is set your siteworx domains to external email, from internal email. Siteworx, administration, email service, then disable.

I hope that helps and sorry, we don’t use ses as we have our own enterprise mailers we use

Many thanks

John

Thank you, John. I did not notice that option earlier. That is good to know.

I have a slightly different objective. I just started hosting on a new server and noted that the IP address connected to my mail server has a poor reputation on some commercial email “high risk” lists. It is not listed on any blacklists, so my provider can’t really do much. The objective here is to use an external mail forwarder to ensure that my mails are delivered. So, I would still like to use the email services the Interworx provides, only use something like Amazon SES to deliver outgoing emails. I know that I can forward all emails to an external smarthost, however, it seems that qmail does not support authentication out of the box and needs the qmail-remote-auth patch. Hope this helps clarify what I am trying to do.

Thanks and regards

Hi ct_tx

Many thanks, and to be honest, I’m not sure if it was compiled with patch.

Have you tried it to make sure, if not you need to adjust the smpt routes and set username and password.

I think you can set this from IW-cp, nodeworx services, mail server, bottom right

If it is not available, then I’d open a support to ask IW. Also, I seem to remember reading the new version when released, should be better for including your own patches

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hello John,

Sorry for the late response. Thank you for the information. I think I will do as you recommend and try it first. Although I doubt that this patch was installed, it is easy enough to try adjusting SMTP routes. If not, it is probably a good idea to go through Interworx support. I hesitate to experiment on a production server, particularly with something as critical as mail. I’ll keep this thread updated as I find something.

With warm regards and greetings for the New Year

[QUOTE=d2d4j;26798]Hi ct_tx

Many thanks, and to be honest, I’m not sure if it was compiled with patch.

Have you tried it to make sure, if not you need to adjust the smpt routes and set username and password.

I think you can set this from IW-cp, nodeworx services, mail server, bottom right

If it is not available, then I’d open a support to ask IW. Also, I seem to remember reading the new version when released, should be better for including your own patches

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]