qmail usage

Hello,

Last few days i am in a search of finding a successful way in monitoring what goes out of my shared hosting server. Although the qmail is running perfectly from the interworx panel, there is no kind of central feedback about how many mails where sent and by which user.

My concern is basically because many users often mistranslate the words forward email and newsletters. So i want to be able to monitor the situation in case some user decided to send a bulk of mail.

Finally from my forum digging i found that in the past one or two have issued a similar concern by no solution was posted. So i am asking whether there is something to add with the interworx panel or if there is any other monitor solution just for qmail?

Thank you

I use logwatch to monitor qmail usage.

Here are the steps to get it setup:

[LIST=1]

• Install Logwatch (if not already)
  • Edit /etc/logwatch/conf/logwatch.conf, and add:
    Print = No
    Detail = 10

• Copy logwatch qmail config files to local config directory:
    cp -a /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/services/qmail* /etc/logwatch/conf/services/
    cp -a /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/logfiles/qmail* /etc/logwatch/conf/logfiles/

• Change directory to /etc/logwatch/conf/services/ and edit qmail-send.conf and change threshold from 10 to 1, make sure the same value is set in qmail-smtpd.conf:
    #$threshold = 10
    $threshold = 1

• Change directory to /etc/logwatch/conf/logfiles/ and edit qmail-send-current.conf and make the following changes:
    #LogFile = qmail/@*.s
    #LogFile = qmail/current
    LogFile = send/@*.s
    LogFile = send/current

Then edit qmail-smtp-current.conf and make the following changes:

#LogFile = qmail/smtpd/@*.s
    #LogFile = qmail/smtpd/current
    LogFile = smtp/@*.s
    LogFile = smtp/current

[/LIST]
    Logwatch runs with your /etc/cron.daily/ scripts. In the logwatch email, this shows mail sent out through your server per user:

----- qmail-smtp Begin -----

Chkuser Accepts Relay from (Threshold of 1):
    user1@domain1.com - 4 Time(s)
    user2@domain2.com - 2 Time(s)
    user3@domain3.com - 1 Time(s)

Let me know of any questions.

• i will check it during next week time, thanks for the intel and i will post any feedback