php-mysql-4.3.11-100.fdr20.iworx
mysql-iworx-4.0.21-3.fdr20.iworx
mysql-client-4.0.21-104.iworx
mysql-server-4.0.21-104.iworx

but when i want to stop or restart MySQL, I have this problem

[root@localhost gimly]# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
Arret de MySQL :                                          [?CHOU?]
D?marrage de MySQL :                                      [  OK  ]

I can’t stop MySQL and It don’t works, help me please !
Thank you in advance for your answers.
[/B]

Just so I understand, MySQL doesn’t stop, does start, but you can’t connect to MySQL?

First, just try:

service mysqld status

Does it say that MySQL is running?

If it is running, try stopping and starting MySQL manually:

service mysqld stop
service mysqld start

If it is not running, try just:

service mysqld start

If MySQL still isn’t working, look in the MySQL error log (/var/log/mysqld.log) to see if that gives you any more clues as to the problem.

Socheat

[B]Ok thanks Socheat, I will test

– Edit : Now it work correctly, i don’t understand … but now the problem is with PHP, I have this :

[root@localhost bin]# ./php
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference in Unknown on line 0

If you have solution ?

Thank you in advance for your answers –
[/B]

[B]Now it work correctly, I don’t understand :confused::confused: … but now I have a problem with PHP :

[root@localhost bin]# ./php

Can you help me please ?

Thank you in advance for your answers :slight_smile:
[/B]

This usually indicates that the mysql.so on the system doesn’t match what php-mysql was compiled against. There are various things you could try, either try recompiling the php-mysql package against the upgraded MySQL on your system, or you could try installing the MySQL compat RPMs. I would see what your distribution recommends for this procedure.

Socheat

Well this is all abve my head, sorry Gimly :frowning:

[B]Hi all,

I have install the MySQL compat RPMs, Which line commands I must use for recompiling PhP-MySQL package ?

thank you for your answers.
[/B]

We just want to enabled the MySQL exetntion in PHP,

PHP dont find the function look : www.espace4you.org

I remove the package php-mysql because yhe older version its for mysql 3.* and now we have 4.0.21 and its not the same extention (I think ;))

So do you have an idea ?