Questions about Subversion

[B]Hi All,

I have any questions :

• Is it possible to install subversion on iworx box ? If yes, there are a how-to about it ? And if yes, many people who use it ?

Thank you for your answers.

[/B]

I am interested in this too.

From searching the forums there are some posts back in 2004 about subversion being including in newer versions of interworx.

However - I cannot find any evidence of its existence unless it was excluded from Yum.

ANy ideas anyone? and how can it be utilized on a virtual host level?

Thanks!

Our apploogies. I believe the intention to add this is one of those things that got left by the wayside as other things took precidence. Our prioritoes list changes regularly as the needs and desires of our user base changes.

Is this still something that a lot of people would like to see? If so, chime in here and let us know :slight_smile:

Well probably not for regular hosting - but we focus on developers and there has been few requests for cvs or svn.

Hello Tim,

So what is the plan for subversion?

Staying on the back burner or will it be taken into consideration.

How would it be utilized if implemented?

Thanks!

Right now there are no firm plans that I am aware of. We won’t decide what goes into 3.1 until after 3.0 is out the door. Are there other users besides the two of you who want this? Typically things a lot of people want or things that we believe will benefit a lot of users get bumped up to the head of the line.

Is there anyone willing to help me set it up - unsupported of course.

I could provide the footprint for the future implementation.

(doesn’t have to be part of interworx/CentOS - I can configure it for each user but need someone familiar with it and interworx for questions about right and wrong way to approach this)

Edit: Heres link to setting up subversion on centos
http://www.jimohalloran.com/2006/01/15/subversion-server-on-centos-42/

Thanks!

I also want Subversion

Me too! Chalk another one up there on the subversion want list.

svn++

docpeyer

You can usually install the OS provided version by running

yum install subversion

Depending on what you want to do that may get the ball rolling for you.

Paul

I am interested subversion too.

Subversion is easy to install until recently in which I can no longer get it to work properly.

yum install neon
yum install subversion
yum install mod_dav_svn

Add file in /etc/httpd/conf.d called subverion.conf with following contents:

LoadModule dav_svn_module     modules/mod_dav_svn.so
LoadModule authz_svn_module   modules/mod_authz_svn.so

Then finally for anyone who wants subversion add following to users httpd.conf file:

<Location /svn>
  DAV svn
  SVNParentPath /home/username/domain.com/subversion

# Access control policy
  SVNPathAuthz on

# how to authenticate a user
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Subversion repository"
  AuthUserFile /home/username/domain.com/subversion/.htpasswd

# only authenticated users may access the repository
  Require valid-user
</Location>

Then using subversion commands you create repository in subversion folder and then chown -R apache:apache

While above has worked for years, I can no longer get it to work. Users get 500 error.

While above has worked for years, I can no longer get it to work. Users get 500 error.

Are you seeing any errors in /var/log/httpd/error_log? I have a few subversion repositories on my server and sometimes I feel like I can run into every problem imaginable. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing in error_log but;
File does not exist: /var/www/html/server-status uhm…

It is working very well, but my question was about other thing:
You can create a control option for all accounts please?
I thing that it very easy for you to implement this option.

Ok I think I found the problem with my subversion on one of our boxes. I carelessly removed the mod_dav.so and mod_dav_fs.so thinking they were part of mod_dav_svn which i was trying to remove and stumped that they were still in the modules dir after rpm -e.

So I need to restore webdav - mod_dav.so. Can someone tell me whats the current version of mod_dav being applied to 64bit interworx with centos 5.5?

Thanks!

+1 SVN feature request! This would make me a very happy camper.