R1Soft CDP integration

Has anyone integrated Interworx with R1Soft’s CDP software?

I havent, but sure would like to look into getting this done, maybe this could be integrated into the new IW coming out in the future?

We’re working on the integrated login/authentication scripts. Interworx have been very helpful and provided and insight into what we need to authenticate against, and what variables we need returning.

We have completed the Perl script which is supposedly required, however there are a couple things on it we’re waiting for guidance on from R1Soft. We queried them on Friday, but haven’t heard back yet.

I’ll update this thread when we hear anything and let you know how we get on.

Thanks for that information, and update.

I am sure it will be at least Tuesday before someone gets back to you, since Monday May 25 is a Federal Holiday here in the states, Memorial Day.

Yeah, it’s a bank holiday over here (UK) too. Unfortuantely that doesn’t mean I get the day off! :frowning:

[QUOTE=EverythingWeb;16174]

We have completed the Perl script which is supposedly required, however there are a couple things on it we’re waiting for guidance on from R1Soft. We queried them on Friday, but haven’t heard back yet.

I’ll update this thread when we hear anything and let you know how we get on.[/QUOTE]
Well since you havent updated the thread, I assume you haven’t heard back from R1Soft?

Kind of - although Paul has put something together which gets single account logins working. Just got to sort the reseller side of things.

We’ve had some urgent work come in the last week or so, so we’ve had to halt doing what we were. As soon as we can get back on it, we’ll update you guys here :slight_smile:

Apparently this is available now! :slight_smile:

HOUSTON (October 14, 2009) ? R1Soft, developer of Continuous Data Protection (CDP) software for Linux and Windows, today announced the successful integration of CDP with the dedicated server web hosting control panel InterWorx.

With the help of the InterWorx team, R1Soft can now provide an add-on integration module for InterWorx that allows administrators to authorize shared hosting user access through InterWorx?s administrative panel ?Nodeworx.? When users? have authorized access, a direct link will automatically log in users in order to view and restore backups.

?The newly added InterWorx integration plays an essential role in helping extend R1Soft?s reach to more Linux users as we strive to continually increase the compatibility of our products,? said David Wartell, vice president of R1Soft, a division of BBS Technologies, Inc.

“As anyone in the hosting industry can tell you, backups are mission critical. That’s why R1Soft’s products fit so well. In fact, InterWorx and R1Soft already have many customers in common, which is why I’m excited to provide the new R1Soft Plugin within the InterWorx Hosting Control Panel,? said Paul Oehler, CTO of INTERWORX LLC. ?In addition to giving the end user quick and easy access to their R1Soft backups from within InterWorx, the server administrator can use the InterWorx web interface to easily configure which users have access to the R1Soft backups, providing tighter integration than with other control panels.”
This new level of integration and configuration empowers shared hosting providers using the InterWorx control panel with the ability to control who has access to backups and enables them to resell the CDP backup solution as a value added service.

About InterWorx
INTERWORX LLC is a Pittsburgh, PA based software development firm specializing in software solutions for the web hosting industry. INTERWORX LLC’s flagship product, the InterWorx Hosting Control Panel, is a fully featured web hosting control panel for shared, dedicated, and VPS servers, with support for load balanced cluster configurations. More information regarding INTERWORX LLC or the InterWorx Hosting Control Panel is available at http://interworx.com.

About R1Soft
Founded in 2006, R1Soft is a developer of Continuous Data Protection? (CDP) software. Offering scalable and high-performance products, the company?s software has quickly been recognized by data center industry leaders as the standard for Windows and Linux server data protection. R1Soft CDP currently protects more than 100,000 servers worldwide. R1Soft is a division of BBS Technologies, Inc.

Question is, where to get it… :slight_smile:

As long as you’re running the latest InterWorx 4.0 build, you already have it :slight_smile:

All you need is to have R1Soft installed on the same box! Then just go into the new “plugins” section in NodeWorx and enable the R1Soft plugin.

This adds some stuff to NodeWorx/SiteWorx - in NodeWorx, when editing a SiteWorx account, you now have an option for R1Soft access control (on by default) and in SiteWorx, there’s a new section under “Backup/Restore”

Thanks for posting that - I hadn’t seen their press release.

Tim

[QUOTE=IWorx-Tim-Pgh;16486]As long as you’re running the latest InterWorx 4.0 build, you already have it :slight_smile:

All you need is to have R1Soft installed on the same box! Then just go into the new “plugins” section in NodeWorx and enable the R1Soft plugin.

This adds some stuff to NodeWorx/SiteWorx - in NodeWorx, when editing a SiteWorx account, you now have an option for R1Soft access control (on by default) and in SiteWorx, there’s a new section under “Backup/Restore”

Thanks for posting that - I hadn’t seen their press release.

Tim[/QUOTE]

Until now, this has been one of the best keep secrets. Thanks Tim for pointing that out! This is awesome.

Can we have some guidance on how to configure this (unless I’ve missed it, I cant see it anywhere within the documentation part of interworx.com)

Specifically what to do with:

/var/db/buagent/serverurl
/var/db/buagent/hostname

By guessing; serverurl is the url of the CDP Server interface and hostname is the hostname of the machine (agent) for the auto login script.

Enabled R1Soft within the Nodeworx > Plugins page.

Click ‘Access Backups’ from SiteWorx and getting: ‘Error: Access denied.’

Does something need altering in the R1Soft Backup Server config files?

Just to confirm; the BU Server and Agent are talking to each other and firewall port 1167 opened on the Interworx server.

Thanks

You’ll want to make sure that the /usr/lib/buagent/buagentauth script the correct one. Its contents should be:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/interworx/bin/php -c /usr/local/interworx/etc /usr/local/interworx/plugins/r1soft/lib/buagentauth.interworx.php

Also, be sure /usr/lib/buagent/buagentauth is chmod’d executable.

You also may have to enable the “control panel login” mode in the CDP admin interface if it isn’t already enabled.

Paul

Hi

is it compatible and uses to work with the CDP Standard edition (store on network share/NAS) http://www.r1soft.com/linux-cdp/cdp-standard-edition/ or only with the entreprise edition http://www.r1soft.com/linux-cdp/cdp-enterprise-edition/