R1soft plugin does not work with latest version 5.1.29

Hi Michael

Sorry, just relaxing with a long cold beer - been a very long day here

It is similar but would not like to say if it is exact same issue. If it is, IW had an extra character in credentials which was been passed in think from memory (could be entirely wrong sorry, it’s an age thing sorry). However, it was resolved and this issue no longer exists in IW

From memory, you will need to set R1soft on the IW to debug mode, so it logs more detail, run the module and then look at logs to see it you can see any issues (pay attention to credentials including Unix name passed over), then also you need to do starve and again look for credentials, including Unix name (that is assuming your R1soft module works the same way, which I guess it does)

If you cannot find how to set R1soft to debug, it will be tommorow before I can look back and let you know

Also, if you downgrade R1soft to version prior, does this work - again it will be tommorow before I can post how to do this if alright

I hope that helps a little

Many thanks

John

Hi John,

I hope you enjoyed your beer or two and had a nice rest of the evening.

I enabled the debug mode (added “Debug=1” to /usr/sbin/r1soft/conf/agent_config and restarted agent via /etc/init.d/cdp-agent restart)

But I don’t see any of my actions in Siteworx in the log file. I see connection from the CDP, but not to it. Maybe I have configured the R1soft plugin wrong? I entered the CDP URL including the https port I set and opened in the firewall on the CDP server (https://mycdpserver.de:8443). And I added the CDP contrrol panel ID found under “Manager Information” in the CDP panel under “Advanced Options”. Should be ok, right?

Cheers,
Michael

P.S. I am testing backuprun in parallel on another server but will need to ascertain how they comply with german privacy laws. Other than thta and that i don’t know how to integrate them with Nodeworx it looks nice so far…

I got it. Reading the Wiki helps :wink:

I DID enter the wrong ID in the plugin configuration. The ID I had to enter can only be found after creating the policy and adding the control panel instance to it. To see the ID in the Server Backup Manger SE panel, you have to go to “Policies”, open the right one (it’s a little arrow that opens the details in the latest version of the Server Backup Manager (=CDP) and select the tab “Control Panels”. And ther it is, the “Control panel instance Id”. I entered that into the plugin and now my Siteworx accounst can see their restore points.

John, how does all this work with Backuprun? I think I have no access to all these things (Policies, Control panel integration etc.)…

Hi Michael

Kudos to you and sorry, just arrived back after dentist, still numb but pain setting in now

Backuprun works indentical, but now I think backuprun have to supply you the key (or you could run the get key followed by show key I think)

I’ll have to look back in email though, as I seem to remember the same issue over key, but it was quickly resolved. Mind you, that was before they imposed access to policies etc… however, in fairness, polices are presetup so makes its easy

Actually, the let you need maybe the guid shown from backuprun, advanced options, policy or maybe server, or disksafe, click the magnifying glass and you’ll see the guid

You do not install R1soft in IW as you know

Sorry, you can fully encrypt backup, but this can only be set for encryption when first creating the R1soft backup, which at same time you choose location.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John