Redirect Domain

I’m trying to redirect a secondary domain to another website

secondary.domain.com to completely.different.com/dir/14

what’s the best way to go about this in interworx? tried just using a 301 redirect in the htaccess settings but it says neither of them are valid entries.

I’m used to cpanel where I could just add a redirect straight from the panel.

Hi staxed

I think I’ve understood what your asking, and you need to change the account to the secondary account from within the siteworx account, and set the pointer 301 redirect

So if you login to the siteworx account, at the top, will be manage domain (or similar) and when you click it, a drop down box appears to chose which domain to work with, primary domain or secondary domain, chose your secondary domain and then hosting features, domains, pointer and set your redirect for the secondary domain.

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

Hi staxed

Sorry, rereading your post makes me think I was wrong on my understanding of your post.

If you already have a secondary account setup, and your trying to redirect this secondary account to another website, you cannot.

This is due to the account already been setup in IW.

You can do one of two things to resolve as follows

Change the A record for secondary domain to the A record of where you want it pointed too (note this can only be completed from the nodeworx account or the reseller account, services, DNS, zones)

Or remove in full the secondary account and add it back in as a pointer

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;27402]Hi staxed

Sorry, rereading your post makes me think I was wrong on my understanding of your post.

If you already have a secondary account setup, and your trying to redirect this secondary account to another website, you cannot.

This is due to the account already been setup in IW.

You can do one of two things to resolve as follows

Change the A record for secondary domain to the A record of where you want it pointed too (note this can only be completed from the nodeworx account or the reseller account, services, DNS, zones)

Or remove in full the secondary account and add it back in as a pointer

I hope that helps

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

A Records can only point to IPs I thought?

I’m trying to redirect from “subdomain.domain.com” to an address similar to “completely.different.com/dir/14

Hi staxed

Many thanks, yes A records are only IP address, so if using this method, the host headers needs to be set on the other hosting platform.

There is one other way, and that’s to keep the secondary as setup, but create a php forwarder.

Many thanks

John

Awesome, not sure why I didn’t think of that.

Though now I’m getting “You don’t have permission to access / on this server.”

wondering if this is an apache issue…but I haven’t changed anything and all other sites are still working. This just seems to be happening with the newly created secondary domain.

nvm, working now…there was a ghost .htaccess messing things up :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!