Register_Globals : Allowoverride Option, yes BUT...

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to let the user use all “php_flag” in an .htaccess (generaly to allow or not the register_globals) but can’t define +ExecCGI.

The problem is that if I add in a <directory> apache the directive “AllowOverride Option” I’ll let the user the ability to allow to run CGI even if I don’t want

So is there a solution to allow (in an .htacces : so per directory per user basis) the use of php_flag to change the register_globals value and to not allow the user to define the use of CGI ?

Thanks

I don’t think there is a solution Pascal. ExecCGI falls under the “Options” AllowOverride as does php_flag, php_value and their other variations.

Chris

The only one I see is to create a pgm that allow the user to set the register_globals on and automaticly add Options -ExecCGI

But the user may always edit himself the .htaccess file and change the Options -ExcCGI to on.

So the other solution could be to follow all users to verify they don’t use CGI.

Pffff not easy

Maybe the best solution is that we set ourself the register_globals On directly in the domain.conf file by directory. Well just a little of more work to do :\

Thanks Chris. I was sure you’d gave me this answer, but I’d hope.

Pasacal

i have some os commerse webcards that require register_globals to be enabled. Have we worked out a solution on how to allow certain users/all users to have it enabled? Else users still get:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

I have tried ading register_globals=1 in /etc/php.ini (as a test) and also in the users /home/user/public_html/.htaccess uncomment php_value register_globals 1 and I still get the above error.

Icer–

Try:

register_globals = On