RegisterFly dying?

For those who are not aware of it, If you have any domains at registerfly, just transfer them away right now. Yes, right now.

http://www.registerflies.com/icann-blogs/yet-another-30-days-icann-update-march-31.html

Addl links: (find it yourself for more)

ICANN Blog: FAQs for RegisterFly customers ( http://blog.icann.org/?p=85 )

Poker Blog Finds Loophole in RegisterFly.com’s System-May Save over 1 Million Domains
( http://www.webhostdir.com/news/articles/shownews.asp?id=19901 )

Registryfly has decided to challenge the decision;

This is an update on the termination of RegistrFly as an ICANN accredited registrar.

As was previously advised ICANN sent a notice of termination to RegisterFly effective 31 March 2007

Under the agreement RegisterFly can initiate arbitration challenging the termination.

RegisterFly has decided to do that and has notified ICANN.

That means the termination has to be stayed by at least an additional thirty days.

Consequently there will be no bulk transfer to another Accredited registrar until further notice.

What that means… who knows - it does mean that Registryfly can go on with “business as usual” for at least one month. With their trackrecord and the pending axe of ICANN that can’t be good for the new customers being sucked into RegistryFly, as I see it.

I shoud have put the ! mark instead of question (?). :wink: Anyhow, I want registerfly to die.

Even now, they accept money for new registrations though they don’t/can’t make them.

Just wanted to spread the word…

They aren’t serious in the way they conduct their business, so I hope that they’ll both lose their ICANN accreditation as well as less and less new customers choosing them. Though I have a feeling that I’m wishing for utopia here! (hehe)

Even now, they accept money for new registrations though they don’t/can’t make them.

Are you sure they can’t register domains? They still have their ICANN accreditation.

Just wanted to spread the word…

Amen to that! (thanks)

Are you sure they can’t register domains? They still have their ICANN accreditation.
I have read blog posts saying new registrations fail (but they accept the money). All support tickets are unanswered/deleted. Phone calls are queued for several hours only to find that they are busy or there is no support persons…

I didn’t experience these now while I transferred away from registerfly, as my transfer went fine without requiring any support calls (but I personally know how bad their support is). I could disable protectfly privacy protection (though it took several tries), and disable Locking and also got the domain Auth code. If I had problems on any of these, I wouldn’t have transferred my domain.

ICANN has already terminated registerfly’s rights and asked it to remove ICANN’s logo from their web site, but their site’s About page was still mentioning that it has ICANN accreditation.

ICANN should form new rules so that it takes all the control over the domain registration.

Sadly, what you write wouldn’t surprise me one bit. I also know how bad their “support” is, they’re a lousy company and the people behind it should never be allowed to do business again. However, I am sure that we haven’t seen the last of the dynamic duo behind Registryfly.

But, as they Registryfly has challenged the decision by ICANN, they are still accredited for another 30 days. This is how I understand the blog post over at ICANN.org.

ICANN should form new rules so that it takes all the control over the domain registration.

This is a tricky legal situation, but ICANN should have clear guidelines and regulations for it’s registrars. As it is now, it is more or less the wild west (no pun intended ;)) - especially when a registrar goes down.

GoDaddy has taken over the userbase of Registerfly, just fyi.