reinstalling problems

i friend tell me some ips to resolve ips… i installed again the panel but now dont runs because the license was not put

now i wrote my sagonet-interworx license in the iworx.ini and restarted the system but the panel is not runing correctly

i had the same problem last week when i bounght the server and sagonet tell me that wasnt a license when the problem was solved…

i tried to do this:
root@server# cd /usr/local/interworx/bin
root@server# ./goiworx.pex

but i recieve:

-bash: ./goiworx.pex: No such file or directory

the pex file is a link to decoder.sh and that file exists on :
/chroot/home/interworx/bin/decoder.sh
/chroot/home/interworx/cron/decoder.sh

all links on /usr/local/interworx/bin are wrong

The InterWorx install process has to be done in a step by step manor which you are not following:

1. You need a fresh OS install to minimize conflicts – right now you do not even hae a fully functional OS install as your DNS won’t resolve.
  2. You need to run the install script wich removes any conflicts, installs dependancies, and installs InterWorx and it’s related RPM’s in a very specific order
  3. You need to run goirorx.pex which creates your database and installs the licesce; simly copying the license key to the iworx.ini file will not cut it.

You have to do all of this and in this order for it to work – Paul is right, if you keep going down this path you will just make things worse and get even more frustrated.

I know Sago’s $100 reinstall fee is prety hefty, but you are going to end up doing it anyway, why not minimize the headaches and take care of it ASAP, if you open a support ticket asking for a reinstall ASAP, specify your OS, and consent to the fee they might even be able to do it tonight since it’s often the night shift which does these things.

Good Luck.

simply i dont want to pay 300$ for a 100$ server and i did all you told… :slight_smile: linux is very very unstable… i havent got tht 100$ i’m not a hosting reseller…

i paid for a server last week, the server doesnt run properly, when it run properly the services version was very old (mysql,phpmyadmin,php,httpd…) i see all this problems everytime i pay for a hosting but it dont be usual, not must to be…

i ran cvspermsfix.pex and goiworx.pex

the system ask me for the license… i entered it and the system correct a problem wih mysql… the license is entered.

Now the control panel is running…

many thanks for your pacience

Glad you have things runnung finally, I didn’t mean to discourage you, but it was obvious that you were getting frustrated and the more you got into it the more frustrated you got.

You can safely update httpd, php, and mysql (php5 and mysql 5 not tested) because Iworx runs it’s own versions – independent of the ones that the websites use – of them located in the /usr/local/interworx directory. But any time you touch anything in the interworx directory you are asking for problems.

Linux is more stable than Windows-- it will run for months or years without a reboot and it usually takes an awefull lot to take the whols system down, but you really need to be carefull what you do as root user. If you type a certain command it is possible to completely erase your hard drive (or parts of it) so you need to know exactly what you are doing and make absolutely sure they syntax of the command are corect.

Good luck.