Remote mail setup, will this stop users using webmail on our server?

Hi all, just wondering about the following, on request we have changed the host records for an user to use O365, I have disabled the local delivery in their account [remote setup] but will anyone still be able to use the webmail function on our server as it seems the mailboxes are still there [not visible in their Siteworx account]

If so how would I disable them to access the webmail functionality?

Hello–

Do you want to disable webmail for all users on the server, or just this one specific domain?

Thanks,
-Jenna

@IWorx-Jenna Hi Jenna, just for the domain name in question.
Kind regards,
Nico

Hello–

It is not possible to really do anything to keep users from being able to see the webmail portal. Even if they do not use domain.com/webmail, they would still be able to use hostname.com:2443/webmail or ip.ad.re.ss:2443/webmail.

However,even though users would be able to see the webmail page, they can’t log into their account from there. The username and password won’t work (I just did a little test to double check, and confirmed).

Thanks,
-Jenna

@IWorx-Jenna Hi Jenna, so by enabling the remote set-up, it will disable the users to login their [webmail] account, seems OK to me, all the customer wanted is that they can’t use their webmail with our server to force them to use O365 accounts. Many thanks.
Kind regards,
Nico