Removed account, still attempts backup

I recently deleted an account but the backup doesn’t seem to be removed, or cancelled. I continue to receive emails when backup.pex runs and the body of the email states:

“No domains found”

I logged in to the iworxdb and could not find an extraneous record in scheduled_backups…

Running both:

mysql> SELECT * FROM siteworx;

-and-

mysql> SELECT * FROM scheduled_backups;

Do not show any differences in the siteworx accounts/IDs. The account that it’s still attempting to run backups for is not in either table.

Any ideas?

Check the cron jobs for the iworx-backup user’s cron listing. If there’s an entry for it there, try running

~iworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex

If that doesn’t delete it, you can try deleting the backup from the cron manually. Either way, if you’d like to open a ticket so we can investigate a bit that’s fine too.

Paul

[root@web1 ~]# cat /var/spool/cron/iworx-backup
MAILTO=“root”
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=1
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=2
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=3
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=4
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=5
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=6
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=7
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=8
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=9
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=10
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=11
0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=12

[root@web1 ~]# ~iworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --sync-cron

Running it with the --sync-cron option updated the cron listing to include the comments at the end of the line including domain and type like:

0 0 * * 0 /home/interworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --execute=1 # domain.com - structure - weekly

There are still 12 entries though, that hasn’t changed. The deleted domain is not present in that file. The backups run on Sunday I think so I’ll let you know if this solved it.

also, I’m sure you’ve done this but I should mention:

make sure that there are no cronjobs hiding on any user accounts (typically iworx or root are used) that trigger the backup.

Let us know if it continues to happen. If it does you may want to open a support ticket with remote assistance and have us poke around for the culprit.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Dan;18422]also, I’m sure you’ve done this but I should mention:

make sure that there are no cronjobs hiding on any user accounts (typically iworx or root are used) that trigger the backup.

Let us know if it continues to happen. If it does you may want to open a support ticket with remote assistance and have us poke around for the culprit.[/QUOTE]

Found it. It was in the iworx cron. I’m pretty sure I did check that before starting the thread, but maybe not. Would running ‘~iworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --sync-cron’ update the iworx user cron as well?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Checked bash history and I did check both iworx and iworx-backup crons before starting the thread and running ‘~iworx/bin/scheduled-backup.pex --sync-cron’ and did not see the domain in there originally.