Roundcube

I’m not sure if this is typical of Interworx users but I appear to be using Roundcube 0.4. This is starting to have a lot of issues with IE10. Until recently, it seems to have worked in “compatibility” mode with IE10 but it looks like one of the most recent updates has broken that.

So, I’m curious whether anyone else has manually updated Roundcube on an Interworx box. If so, how did that go and have you seen issues continue with IE10?

Rollie

Can anyone recommend a repository for CentOS 4 that includes any updated version of Roundcube?

Hi lineman,

I’m not aware of a centos 4 source (centos 4 will not be supported by anyone very much longer) - but, thanks for the heads up about roundcube and ie10. We’ll look into getting the version we distribute updated asap.

We have had other issues with Roundcube and IE7-9, where the ‘send’ button simply don’t do anything. Seems like a JS problem in ‘iworx-roundcube’ and IE. So far we have just recommended users to use horde instead, but we have been considering setting up our own roundcube installation since we want to add additional modules to roundcube (confirmation of secondary emails etc).

If we would add these addons to the iworx-roundcube install, they would be removed on each interworx update … just like the default placeholder page for new accounts is reset when we update interworx.

That’s the kind of issues we’ve seen. Switching to IE’s “compatibility mode” worked until now.

I think you are right about it being a JavaScript issue. When you have decades of IE not following standards, developers finding workarounds, and then suddenly adopting standards, this sort of thing is bound to happen.

Until Iworx updates their rpm, I think the best way to go is to setup a manual install of the latest version … It will let you add loads of sexy plugins to roundcube as well … if you did that on iworx package, it would get removed on every update of iworx.

Any update yet on when we can expect a newer version of Roundcube from Interworx? If it is going to take a while I need to setup on next to my current installation. But I ratter wouldn’t do that because it might break some things like change password.

Yea, that is my fear as well, and the only reason why I haven’t set up a roundcube install of my own.

Come to think of it, there are several addons to roundcube that Interworx should implement, not always to add functionallity, but rather for security.

For instance:
Right now, any user can add any email to send from their account in roundcube…
If I wanted to, I could add ‘support@microsoft.com’ or ‘support@interworx.com’, as an outgoing email to my account in the current iworx roundcube, no verification needed.
There is a addon available, that sends a verification email to the email you want to add, and you have to verify it before you can send emails from that email adress.
I’m just happy that our clients aren’t tech savy enough to use that feature in roundcube.

I really shoudl have sent Iworx a ticket with this ‘exploit’ long ago … I might as well do it now… hopefully they can update the client at the same time.

roundcube sucks i dont have any idea with such sort of things its better to contact the moderator for this query, you would be guided well here

[QUOTE=IWorx-Paul;21335]Hi lineman,

I’m not aware of a centos 4 source (centos 4 will not be supported by anyone very much longer) - but, thanks for the heads up about roundcube and ie10. We’ll look into getting the version we distribute updated asap.[/QUOTE]
Paul, does InterWorx plan to ship a new version of RoundCube soon? In the past year, I’ve had several customers coming away from webmail such as GoDaddy and Gmail ask “Do YOU actually use this?” (No, we use desktop email clients.)

The latest version of RoundCube supports far more address book fields (current version supports “Name” and “Email”). Additionally, it supports CSV importing. And most importantly, the RoundCube version included with InterWorx is almost impossible to use with inboxes containing 1,000+ messages. We are very close to giving up on the webmail offerings of InterWorx due to lack of updates, but uncertainty of the Password and Spam bridges has us first wanting to know if it’s even on the InterWorx development roadmap.

Don’t get me wrong, InterWorx is a great product, but we really need to improve our webmail offering soon. Any advice, including a custom stand-alone deployment, would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=jimp;22053]Paul, does InterWorx plan to ship a new version of RoundCube soon? In the past year, I’ve had several customers coming away from webmail such as GoDaddy and Gmail ask “Do YOU actually use this?” (No, we use desktop email clients.)

The latest version of RoundCube supports far more address book fields (current version supports “Name” and “Email”). Additionally, it supports CSV importing. And most importantly, the RoundCube version included with InterWorx is almost impossible to use with inboxes containing 1,000+ messages. We are very close to giving up on the webmail offerings of InterWorx due to lack of updates, but uncertainty of the Password and Spam bridges has us first wanting to know if it’s even on the InterWorx development roadmap.

Don’t get me wrong, InterWorx is a great product, but we really need to improve our webmail offering soon. Any advice, including a custom stand-alone deployment, would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hey jimp,

We have a future release that will make the inclusion of the most recent RoundCube much easier, but until then I am currently investigating a way for us to include it in the short term. No major snags so far, so I’ll keep you updated on when we can expect something stable (hopefully soon!).

i like it very much