Seperate Confs for sub domains etc

Not sure if this should be a bug or a request.

However, i’ve noticed that sub.domain.com will be added to domain.com.conf as an alias rather than sub.domaim.com.conf.

It’s causing some problems for me in some scripts. Mainly with the Document Root.

The way it works in SiteWorx is it creates a subfolder in the public_html with the name of the subdomain and then just adds another alias like you’ve seen. The redirects then take care of the rest pointing to maindomain.com/subdomain.

If you are the server owner you can manually add your own conf file and restart apache and not even do it the SiteWorx way.

You can also add the subdomain as a secondary domain - that will give it it’s own file location, own .conf file, etc, etc.

Paul

Secondary Domains can only be added to accounts on a SHARED IP Address.
This account is on a DEDICATED IP Address, you cannot add secondary domains.

I dont fancy doing it manually either. I have clients who have a lot of sub domains, added and changed daily.

What type of problems? Maybe instead of trying to change Iworx it would be easier to work with the scripts instead?

Mainly with the Document Root setting.

A lot of clients use the script, so it wouldn’t be easy to alter it.

[QUOTE=Blindbasher;15744]Mainly with the Document Root setting.

A lot of clients use the script, so it wouldn’t be easy to alter it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw you mentioned the document root in the first post, but was looking for more info so I could offer possible workarounds. To me a problem with Doc Root would be you are referencing something with the root web path vs a relative path.

/somedirectory instead of /subdomain/somedirectory or ./somedirectory

So I was thinking maybe in a config file for the script this could be easily changed to compensate for the sub directory structure.

[QUOTE=Blindbasher;15742] Secondary Domains can only be added to accounts on a SHARED IP Address.
This account is on a DEDICATED IP Address, you cannot add secondary domains.

I dont fancy doing it manually either. I have clients who have a lot of sub domains, added and changed daily.

[/QUOTE]
Would it be possible to get this sorted? I need the domain to have an SSL cert installed, but can’t have the secondary done with the Dedicated IP.

You’ve said a couple times there’s a problem with the document root with the subdomains, but it’s still not clear what the problem actually is. Maybe we can be of more help with a specific example. If you want to open a support ticket to provide details that’d be fine.

Paul