Services monitoring on certain IP and sub-domain questions

Hello there, I’ve got two issues, hope somebody can help:

a) I usually run my services on different IP numbers (each service must run on it’s own IP). The question is how to make Nodeworx to monitor my services on the selected IP address, for example, if I decide to run my pop3d-ssl on one IP, nodeworx currently shows that service as NOT RUNNING while the service is responding, I’d like nodeworx to recognize the service as running and to allow stops, restarts, etc. directly from the web.

b) Another issue is when I add subdomains in the form a.b.c.mydomain.com, it just doesn’t seem to work (the subdomain is added to my nameserver zones but apache doesn’t bind to the correct web folder), it seems that the only subdomains allowed are in the form a.mydomain.com. Is there a way to have subdomains with more than one hostname on the left?

btw, my interworx version is 1.8.0 beta :slight_smile:

Thank you.

-mca

Good questions :).

a) I usually run my services on different IP numbers (each service must run on it’s own IP). The question is how to make Nodeworx to monitor my services on the selected IP address, for example, if I decide to run my pop3d-ssl on one IP, nodeworx currently shows that service as NOT RUNNING while the service is responding, I’d like nodeworx to recognize the service as running and to allow stops, restarts, etc. directly from the web.

In the cur versions this isn’t possible. InterWorx-CP assumes port numbers based on their well known setups (110 for pop3 etc). Now, you must have edited the pertinent files in /service/pop3/* to make the port switch happen and what we’ll probably do is ally you to specify a port in the iworx.ini file to make interworx-cp aware of this change. I’ll make a note of this for the next release.

b) Another issue is when I add subdomains in the form a.b.c.mydomain.com, it just doesn’t seem to work (the subdomain is added to my nameserver zones but apache doesn’t bind to the correct web folder), it seems that the only subdomains allowed are in the form a.mydomain.com. Is there a way to have subdomains with more than one hostname on the left?

You are correct, the current subdomain implementation is a rewrite based system that only goes 1 level deep. If you wanted a.b.c.domain.com you’d have to make a new siteworx account for that domain at this point. We will probably revisit this at a later point, but multi-domain support may be a stop gap, since with multi-domain support you’ll (if the design doesn’t change too much) be able to create a 2nd siteworx account from siteworx that could be a.b.c.domain.com.

Chris