Basically, there needs to be a way to control the order of vhost entries. Otherwise, the first defined vhost site will appear for sites not yet setup for the server. Ideally, you could control what appears when nothing is setup. Either a marketing page (that site isn’t setup, but look here for details on our hosting) or a generic “coming soon” page.
How to produce the issue
- Nodeworx does not have account setup for site example.com
- Client update their private NS to point to that server
- Server serves up first vhost entry it finds ( yourhotmom.com ).
- Client upset their site appears to be another, unrelated business site.
How it should work:
- Nodeworx not setup to host domain
- Apache config generated by nodeworx always inserts a standard vhost entry before all other entries. This points to a place holder account with a coming soon page.
- Server returns this page until an account is appropriately setup