Several questions

1. Parked domain with e-mail (no website)
    Is it possible to add a domain without website, but with e-mail functionality.
    So the domain can point to a parked page, and the customer cannot remove this, or upload their own website. As I understand storage space and traffic is shared between website and e-mail.

Only way I can think of setting this up at this moment is to upload a ‘this domain is parked’ page and chown to root, so that the siteworx owner cannot change it or delete it. Is there any other easy way to do this ?

1. Website shown on IP address.
    If you now surf to the IP adress of your server then it shows the first alphabetical listed website / customer on your server. I would like to have a generic 'hosting company’page on this . How can i do this ?

Only way I can think of at this moment is to create a fake customer with the name aaaaaa.com, and upload under this account a genereic ‘hosting company page’

1. What if bandwitdh max is reached.
    What will you see if a website reached the max bandwidth without overselling / burstable mode. Will the website just not be reachable? Or will there an error message for the visitor that the max bandwitdh has been reached? What about e-mail? Is the e-mail of the customer still working?

[QUOTE=SyNRG;14569]1) Parked domain with e-mail (no website)
Is it possible to add a domain without website, but with e-mail functionality.
So the domain can point to a parked page, and the customer cannot remove this, or upload their own website. As I understand storage space and traffic is shared between website and e-mail.

Only way I can think of setting this up at this moment is to upload a ‘this domain is parked’ page and chown to root, so that the siteworx owner cannot change it or delete it. Is there any other easy way to do this ?[/quote]

You could manually edit the DocumentRoot in /etc/httpd/conf.d/domain.conf to point to a directory that contains your parked page, outside the user’s control. There isn’t any “native” support for this configuration in the control panel though, which I think is what you’re asking.

[QUOTE=SyNRG;14569]2) Website shown on IP address.
If you now surf to the IP adress of your server then it shows the first alphabetical listed website / customer on your server. I would like to have a generic 'hosting company’page on this . How can i do this ?

Only way I can think of at this moment is to create a fake customer with the name aaaaaa.com, and upload under this account a genereic ‘hosting company page’[/quote]

That’s one option. You could also create a file called /etc/httpd/conf.d/000default.conf, and put in it simply:

<VirtualHost 208.69.123.18:80>
  DocumentRoot /var/www/html
  DirectoryIndex index.html
</VirtualHost>

Then put your generic hosting company page in /var/www/html.

[QUOTE=SyNRG;14569]3) What if bandwitdh max is reached.
What will you see if a website reached the max bandwidth without overselling / burstable mode. Will the website just not be reachable? Or will there an error message for the visitor that the max bandwitdh has been reached? What about e-mail? Is the e-mail of the customer still working?[/QUOTE]

If the user goes over bandwidth in that scenario, their DocumentRoot is changed to
/usr/local/interworx/var/errors/overage/

Which displays a basic bandwidth exceeded message.

The customer’s e-mail is not affected if an account is disabled for bandwidth overage (this is a feature request we’re working on).

Paul

SyNRG, regarding your second question:

1. Website shown on IP address.
    Create a file in /etc/httpd/conf.d called i.e 01.conf

Put the following in the file:

<VirtualHost <your ip address>:80>

DocumentRoot /var/www/html (set this to where you have your custom html files)
  ServerName <your ip address or hostname>

</VirtualHost>

As you say, Apache reads the conf files alfabetically…and will now server the 01.conf file first if accessed on the IP.

Regards
-tsl-