SimpleScript

Hi,

I got this “SimpleScripts is now the MOJO Marketplace. Unfortunately we are no longer taking any new host sign ups at this time. If you would however like to be notified when begin accepting host signups again please submit a request to MOJO Marketplace” when I go to http://www.simplescripts.com/host/activate from within my Nodeworx.

Do you guys have any idea when can we activate web host account and get host key + host API key again? And it’s kinda confusing with MOJO Marketplace. :confused:

Hi Shyuan

I hope you don’t mind, but I don’t Interworx may know when it will be available.

The reason I state this is because simplescripts is a third party plugin, which is not within Interworx control, and looking at mojo, it appears as though simplescripts are moving to mojo for the future, which I’m guessing is a new name/brand or perhaps simlescripts have been bought out.

I do know Interworx also includes softaculous, which if you have not activated it, you may want to, which will overcome the issue you have with simplescripts, and as far as know, softaculous still allow host api. I do know there are some users of interworx who use softaculous with the paid version over simplescripts.

I would also think if mojo start to allow host api again, Interworx most likely would place the third party plug in module fairly high on the agenda, as it appears to myself that simplescripts may become redundant at some point of not kept updated by the simplescripts/mojo.

I hope this helps and I am sorry if I have explained what you already knew

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=d2d4j;24455]Hi Shyuan

I hope you don’t mind, but I don’t Interworx may know when it will be available.

The reason I state this is because simplescripts is a third party plugin, which is not within Interworx control, and looking at mojo, it appears as though simplescripts are moving to mojo for the future, which I’m guessing is a new name/brand or perhaps simlescripts have been bought out.

I do know Interworx also includes softaculous, which if you have not activated it, you may want to, which will overcome the issue you have with simplescripts, and as far as know, softaculous still allow host api. I do know there are some users of interworx who use softaculous with the paid version over simplescripts.

I would also think if mojo start to allow host api again, Interworx most likely would place the third party plug in module fairly high on the agenda, as it appears to myself that simplescripts may become redundant at some point of not kept updated by the simplescripts/mojo.

I hope this helps and I am sorry if I have explained what you already knew

Many thanks

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John,

Thank you for your message :slight_smile: May I know when you say “Interworx also includes softaculous”, is Softaculous already installed like how SimpleScript is installed? Otherwise, did you mean I have to follow this guide http://www.softaculous.com/docs/Installing_Softaculous_in_Interworx?

Thank you for your time and your message definitely helped me get to know Softaculous is possible on Interworx as what I preferred over SimpleScript. :slight_smile:

Hi Shyuan

Many thanks, and yes, Softaculous is installed the same as simplescripts is, as far as I know.

You need to login to your nodeworx server (admin account)
goto nodeworx, plugins, softaculous and turn it on (you may want to turn off simplescripts at the same time)

You then goto siteworx, softaculous, and follow the instructions for registering an account and completing the setup/activation, which you will need to apply for a host reseller account with softaculous. You may also need to update softaculous, but this is an easy process you follow from this screen (please see attached picture).

You may not be aware, but once the above is completed, you can predefine if softaculous is available to any or all of your siteworx accounts from the template you specify for creating the different siteworx accounts, or you can edit the siteworx account manually and turn on/off at will.

If your having issues, please let me know and I’ll try to help where I can.

Simpleecripts, please see below the response from Simplescripts re mojo, which hopefully, Interwox at the right time may consider integration for mojo, hopefully.

Many thanks

John

Chris (MOJO Marketplaces)
Nov 05 09:56 am (MST)
Hi there,
Thank you for contacting MOJO Support.
I am very sorry but we do not have any plans to re-open host sign ups for simple scripts. We are working to crete a version of Mojomarketplace.com for resellers however.
All the best,
Chris
-Mojo Operations
Take a look at our new support desk. We are adding new articles everyday. https://mojosupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Hi d2d4j,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanations :slight_smile: I’ve managed to enable Softaculous and deactivated SimpleScript. :wink: Tested on my Siteworx, it works well :smiley: Thank you thank you! :slight_smile:

Brett has actually emailed SimpleScripts about this, so that we can get an idea of what we should do with the plugin in InterWorx.

Like John says, you can probably wait it out with Softaculous.

By default, SimpleScripts was enabled and Softaculous was disabled because SimpleScripts worked well and Softaculous didn’t. I speculate that this is going to change in the near future (possibly reversing both default values), but I don’t have the influence to actually make it happen at this time.

Hi Michael

I been thinking about this and I think it might be an idea to show in the help screen that simple scripts is only available if you already have a host reseller account.

The reason I think this might work better, is because some users might have older interworx with host reseller, when mojo is available (if it is that is) then I’m guessing it appear as well and softaculous hopeful will not change, as they offer both free and paid versions.

I’m sorry if I’m wrong but I was thinking to cover all bases.

Many thanks

John

[QUOTE=IWorx-Michael;24653]Brett has actually emailed SimpleScripts about this, so that we can get an idea of what we should do with the plugin in InterWorx.

Like John says, you can probably wait it out with Softaculous.

By default, SimpleScripts was enabled and Softaculous was disabled because SimpleScripts worked well and Softaculous didn’t. I speculate that this is going to change in the near future (possibly reversing both default values), but I don’t have the influence to actually make it happen at this time.[/QUOTE]
Hi Michael,

Thank you for your confirmation regarding SimpleScript.

But when you said Softaculous didn’t work well, can I know what does that means? I am still yet to see any problem come from my Softaculous in Siteworx (hope I will not encounter any issue anytime soon :P).

Whoops, mispoke!

I actually also have yet to run into serious usability issues with Softaculous.

[QUOTE=IWorx-Michael;24719]Whoops, mispoke!

I actually also have yet to run into serious usability issues with Softaculous.[/QUOTE]
Hi Michael,

No problem! :smiley:

I do think Softaculous should take over SimpleScript in Interworx because Softaculous is so actively maintained! Not sure if this is considered an idea. :stuck_out_tongue: