SiteWorx backups failing

Hello,

I recently transferred sites to a new virtual machine running CentOS 7. Trying to run structure-only backups are failing with “MySQL server not running”.

I am able to login to NodeWorx/SiteWorx just fine and can see iworx-db-2 running on 127.0.0.1:2307.

Here is some info from iworx.log:

2016-09-18 20:38:18.68014 [8lmamp-vqqg-09ya-CLI] [INFO] : db_connect failed… sleeping 5 seconds… : backup.php
2016-09-18 20:38:23.68285 [8lmamp-vqqg-09ya-CLI] [INFO] : db_connect failed… sleeping 5 seconds… : backup.php
2016-09-18 20:38:28.74474 [8lmamp-vqqg-09ya-CLI] [ERR] : ##LG_MYSQLD_NOT_RUNNING## : backup.php
2016-09-18 20:38:28.82767 [8lmamp-vqqg-09ya-CLI] [INFO] : script end : backup.php

I am not sure the difference between the old and new mysql services in iworx but it seems like the backup script is not able to connect to iworx-db-2? Has anyone else had this issue?

Hi Lightfoot
I sorry, you have not stated if both Mysql are running on both servers.
If it helps, as far as I know, the backup is made on the old server first, then imported, rather then your new server connecting to the old server Mysql etc.
So, the issue I am thinking is the Mysql not running on old server.
Can you SSH into your old server and run as root or sudo
service iworx stop
service iworx start
You could run serverice iworx restart, but I prefer to stop/start myself
If you see any startup errors, try restarting the server to see if that clears it
Lastly, I have in mind various Mysql upgrades which you may have completed, but perhaps not updated the database (schema) (mysql_upgrade -u root -p), so this maybe a reason for the failure, but I think the error is the error, MySql not running
As a final test, can you create a siteworx backup once logged into the siteworx account, if you can, download it and try to restore into new server
I hope that helps, but if needed urgently, I would open a support ticket with IW
Many thanks
John

Hi lightfoot

I’m sorry, rereading your post, I think I miss understood and answered wrongly

Can you ssh and run as root or sudo

~iworx/bin/cvspermsfix.pex

Then restart Mariadb

If this does not solve your issue, I would open a support ticket and let iw have a look

Many thanks

John

Thanks John. Unfortunately the perms fix script did not help. I did notice something else in the iworx log after restarting the iworx service though:

2016-09-23 19:09:05.24973 [nosess-hreh-mqb0-CLI] [EMERG] : ERROR: /usr/local/interworx/include/IWorxDbUtil.php(103): Uncaught IWorx_Exception_DbUtil: DB Error: connect failed [nativecode=Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/usr/local/interworx/mysql/iworx-db.sock’ (2)] ** mysql://iworx:fjt8wn1lkj@unix(/usr/local/interworx/mysql/iworx-db.sock)/iworx : ip.php

Everything is working okay though with the exception of backups…

[root@node1 ~]# service iworx status
iworx-web is running...                                    [  OK  ]
iworx-db is running...                                     [  OK  ]
[root@node1 ~]# netstat -tunlp | grep iworx-db
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:2307          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3276/iworx-db-2
[root@node1 ~]#

I’ll open up a ticket.

Hi lightfoot

Many thanks, and hopefully Iw will resolve but please be a little patient, as I know some Iw are on holiday

I’d appreciate if you could update your post once resolved to help others

Many thanks

John

The issue was that the iworx user password was incorrect in my local MySQL database (not the NodeWorx database). Makes sense about the migration; did mysqldump and then restore which restored the iworx user from the previous server. I wasn’t even aware that user existed in local MySQL - now I know!