So why InterWorx instead of Plesk or CPanel?

Is product current and supported? Website seems out of date. Some posts make it sound like product releases are delayed.

For those of you who use the product, are you happy and satisfied with features, performance, security, integration, flexability, etc…

Would you recommend this as long term wise decision?

Thanks,

Dave

The website is waiting for an update with the new release. IWorx release cycles aren’t the quickest, but considering that things actualy work, I think its worth the wait. I still get calls to fix machines cPanel has killed, and have never had a problem with IWorx. Anecdotal, yes. True, yes.

Take IWorx for a test drive and you will likley cry tears of joy.

Only tears I have, are trying to deal with Socheat :wink:

[QUOTE=dflaherty;12288]Is product current and supported? Website seems out of date. Some posts make it sound like product releases are delayed. [/quote]There was a delay with the release of the Iworx version 3.0. This was a major release and that is probably why some things seem out of date. Also, b/c once they go to the last sub version of 2.0 it was stable and they didn’t need to have small updates every month. The Iworx team does NOT have the philosophy to just release stuff to get it out to try and stay competitive in the market by having a bunch of new features. They actually make sure that everything works first. For me I will take stability over getting a new feature ever month ANY DAY!

[QUOTE=dflaherty;12288]For those of you who use the product, are you happy and satisfied with features, performance, security, integration, flexability, etc…[/quote]I am not the oldest client of Iworx, but i have been using it for quite a while now (about 3 years) and have been very happy. Over those 3 years I have only had a few issues and I would say about 80% of them could be linked back to something I did :rolleyes:

The product is great and is only getting better as they add new features. I have been happy with the features that have already been included and have taken the road of better product versus more features to play with.

Another thing you will notice is the Iworx team is very in tune with their user base. I can’t comment on how good other panels are with this b/c I just dont know, but Iworx does a very good job of getting feedback from the community.

One of the best things about Iworx is their support and dedication to the product. Even if the product was not as good as it is the support alone is well worth the price.

[QUOTE=dflaherty;12288]Would you recommend this as long term wise decision?[/quote]Yes :smiley:

I would also like to mention I was not paid to make the above comments :wink:

Socheat you know I am messing you with :slight_smile:

But I do really really enjoy Interworx, and the flexibility it gives us. It’s painful to use other panels these days.

It does what it’s intended to do - simply and intuitively.

It just works.

JB

As has already been said the website update has been on hold since last summer due to delay in the software release the desire not to advertize features not yet available. The website will be updated sometime after 3.0 goes final. I won’t be suckered into making a guess as to when that will be however :wink: Both InterWorx 3 and the revised website will be released when they are ready :slight_smile:

I have had, Ensim, cPanel, Plesk panels in the past and when I found InterWorx in 2005 I jumped for joy.

I will have to admit the extra long time 3.0 was taken to come out I was starting to get a little concerned about if it would come out at all. 2 years is a LONG time. BUT the 2.1 copy is a solid CP, I do know what they produce is good stuff! And more importantly the entire staff is WORLD class! Good folks as we say down here.

I’ll take all this discussion of version 3.0 as an opportunity to point out that version 3.0-RC2 is available for download and testing for interested parties :slight_smile:

http://interworx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1999

Paul

Why run interworx over cPanel or Plesk? Well, because it works. :wink:

I ran cPanel for just over a year, and everything was a headache. From the day I installed it, I had nothing but problems. DNS with cPanel is a nightmare… you might as well forget you even have a control panel and just go in via shell. The guys over at cPanel are constantly ignoring problems with their panel, cause they’re too busy adding new features and releasing new versions. (Version 11 is a classic example of this… same crappy panel with a new version number)

I’ve only been running Iworx for about 6 months now, but I haven’t had problem 1 with the panel. Installation was a snap. Support is great, and extremely prompt. They actually dive in and help you through things. cPanel support reps on the other hand… you’re better off asking your dog for help.

I can’t speak for Plesk because I’ve never tried their panel. But one thing I can tell you is that InterWorx comes at a much lower price.

That may be a commendable aim, but there are already lots of “coming soon” features listed on the site. I almost walked away without a second look because of the website. Specifically:

1. The most recent “news” item is from 2005!
  2. Invitations to “visit us at hostingcon.2006”
  3. Mentions of a “forthcoming release”, which because of the above are pretty obviously very stale.

These kinds of things make iworx look like a dead project and waiting to fix them is just silly.

–Bill

You only have to look through the forums to see how active the team are, and how the community is always active. :slight_smile:

lwwarner has a point though.

True, and that’s the only reason I’m still here & still considering iworx. But how many people do what I was just one click away from doing? They spend a few minutes browsing the website, conclude that iworx is interesting but dead, and move on to the competition. How many customers have been lost over the past year for want of a few simple edits to the website?

I mean all it would take is to remove the outdated references to hostingcon.2006 (update to 2007?) & the “just released” version 2.1.0, and update the news section a bit. At the very least why not put the v3.0rc announcements on the news page?

<shrug>

–Bill

Valid points. I suppose being a user of Iworx for clocking on 18 months, the only place I really look is the forums, so I tend to just glance over the main website.

I don’t need to be ‘sold’ on Interworx anymore - so for me, what brings me to the site daily, is the community and discussions which go on here, in the forums :slight_smile:

Maybe Tim can comment on ‘sprucing’ it up a bit on the home page… I certainly agree the hostingcon 2006 needs to go :wink:

[quote=lwwarner;12401]That may be a commendable aim, but there are already lots of “coming soon” features listed on the site. I almost walked away without a second look because of the website. Specifically:

1. The most recent “news” item is from 2005!
  2. Invitations to “visit us at hostingcon.2006”
  3. Mentions of a “forthcoming release”, which because of the above are pretty obviously very stale.

These kinds of things make iworx look like a dead project and waiting to fix them is just silly.

–Bill[/quote]

We’re quite aware of how outdated the site is.

InterWorx 3.0 was originally – and very overly optimistically – intended to be released at HostingCon last year. Obviously that didn’t happen and those that visited the boot there were treaed to a preview of what was to come.

Since that time many more things have been added to the site and if we were to publish that info it would be misleading and confusing. We use a custom CMS based upon Dukuwiki to create our website and unfortunately we can’t just publish some pages we have to publish all of it.

Your comments about the outdated news articles were addressed in another thread, but needless to say we intend to publish news more often in the future as things happen that are relevant to InterWorx. If you have a suggestion for something that would be appropriate for our news section please submit it to info at interworx.com and we will consider it.

As a client since the first commercial release I am very happy with Interworx. It is better in every way to cPanel, and with 3.0 things will be even better.

As an admin, one of the best things about Interworx is how fluid its interface is.

I have never liked Plesk as a user or an admin, it has some nice features but over all can’t say I like it.

cPanel is over rated, the only reason potential hosting clients ask for it is its the most recognized brand.

Performance wise, Interworx is the leanest of the top CP’s out there.

Feature wise before the 2.1 releases there was lots missing, but they filled in just about every gap.

Security, as a CP its more secure then cPanel, system security, there are some build on features, but if your serious about managing your server you will go above and beyond anything any CP will give you.

Interworx is very flexability, and with the expanded API that 3.0 brings things just got way better in that department.

“Would you recommend this as long term wise decision?”

Before 2.1, it would have depended on your needs, at this point I would say its the best option out there unless you go custom, but thats completely different.

Sorry if anything is not clear, been working nights and I am tired.

1- Fast (personal & qualified) support
2- Very stable
3- Low price
4- Sense of humor of all :smiley:

Yes it’s valid points.

Before, the website was more uptodate. But before Nexcess and Interworx was the same company, today it is 2 differents company (not by the people ?) , I don’t know if this is something related ?
But what i’m pretty sure is that Interworx should develop their name as a company (nothing special about this in the website)

The only thing I can say it’s that I use Interworx from the first day (near this one) and I just find it’s the best one.

• Releases Clients driven
  • Panel completly independant of your system. You can tweak, hack pretty everything in the system
  • First class support
  • Good communauty
  • Do what it has to do, no more, no less
  • It works without a bug
  • Intuitive/ergonomic

Interworx has to become more known in the world to become the most recognized brand :wink:

Pascal