soholaucnh script

Hi,

What kind of soholaunch version is in scriptworx ?

I mean, Since a long time I’m looking for a solution to give to our customer a website builder.

Soholaunch might be one of them, even if yet it is not in French (but we might translate it)

So with the script available in scritpworx, what kind of licence we have to buy ? a server one ?

How does it works exactly ?

We, as server admin, install a server licence soholaunch script, then the client install the version from scriptworx ?

Is there some of you who use it ? how ?
Could you please provide us example on how it works and how you give it to your client ?

Also, is there a way to automatize a scriptworx installation when a new siteworx account is created ? it could be a cool feature (be able to set some scripts to install by default when we create the siteworx account with or without the API) !?

Thanks

Pascal

[quote=pascal;13290]Hi,

What kind of soholaunch version is in scriptworx ?

I mean, Since a long time I’m looking for a solution to give to our customer a website builder.

Soholaunch might be one of them, even if yet it is not in French (but we might translate it)

So with the script available in scritpworx, what kind of licence we have to buy ? a server one ?

How does it works exactly ?
[/quote]

Three ways to get licensed…

Single Website License $99.00 and owner can move it server to server. (Buy 10 Licenses for $600) This license are good on any server, its assigned to the domain name.

ProServer 15 - $25.00 month/server (you can have up to 15 sites running Soholaunch)

ProServer Unlimited - $75 month/server Unlimited Soho installs on the server.

You can start with ProServer 15 and upgrade to Unlimited later when need arises.

You have a Partner Area at Soholaunch and you can manage your licenses there, and basically the licenses is based off the server primary IP address. For Soho installs that have a dedicated IP, no problem as long as that dedicated IP is assigned to the primary server with the license.

[quote=pascal;13290] Is there some of you who use it ? how ?
Could you please provide us example on how it works and how you give it to your client ?[/quote]

Yes I have been using it for about 2 years now. And I offer Soholaunch as a FREE web site builder to my customers. In the past I would just install it via command line, that was a little time consuming, then they came out with installer and it works great. (Of course if you are a cPanel user it has a auto installer in it for Soholaunch) I bugged the Soholaunch guys enough late last year they said they would get with the guys here at IW to allow it to be installed similar to cPanel. And Soholaunch in IW 3.0 is the result of that “bugging them” :D.

I have yet to install Soholaunch via ScriptWorx, I need to give it a try, so not sure how it will work with a Server license, but I don’t see a issue.

[quote=pascal;13290] Also, is there a way to automatize a scriptworx installation when a new siteworx account is created ? it could be a cool feature (be able to set some scripts to install by default when we create the siteworx account with or without the API) !?

Thanks

Pascal[/quote]

I am not sure what you mean by automatize? Do you mean when a SiteWorx account is created, Soholaunch is automatically installed?

If that is the case, not sure, the minute you install Soholaunch it will over write a Index page you have. If a customer doesn’t really wish to use Soholaunch then there are a LOT to clean up, database, file directory’s, not that it would be that big a deal, but something that would have to be done.

My suggestion would be if Soholaunch could be added automatically with SiteWorx account creation, I would want to keep Soholaunch users on a dedicated server by itself.

But I do agree with you if IW had the Option of auto installing to all NEW SiteWorx accounts that would be sweet.

Expanding on your idea, how about from NodeWorx a option in Package creation to give the option to auto install Soholaunch (or any other widely used popular script) on a special Package. That way a customer could request the Soholaunch be installed when making a hosting order.

What I’d like to be sure it’s that the scriptworx version is the one you give to your client when you have a server licence. And how do you set the licence for this client, via soholaunch ?

Not automatically by default !
The idea is to set some options in the create siteworx account to allow to install some scripts when the siteworx account is created. The server admin choose which script could be install at the siteworx creation time

That’s it !

[QUOTE=R-n-R;13296]
Expanding on your idea, how about from NodeWorx a option in Package creation to give the option to auto install Soholaunch (or any other widely used popular script) on a special Package. That way a customer could request the Soholaunch be installed when making a hosting order.[/QUOTE]

We don’t use package ! but yes it’s exactly the idea :wink:

For example we could provide an e-commerce solution or blogs just by creating the siteworx account !

Pascal