SOLVED - Horde webmail is not letting me login.

Hi John,

• Looking in the iworx-install.log , it is IW what installs this PHP v5.4, and they seem to use it for their panel…
  • MySQL doesn’t allow me to login with mysql -p it gives me the famous error: ERROR 1045 (28000): access denied for user ‘root@localhost’ using password: YES
  • Horde on cpanel uses sqlite per user, Horde on IW uses mysql it seems, perhaps that the reason why it goes wonky with the Horde webmail.

I will wait for support and their findings, perhaps by the evening I know more.
Nico

Hi nico

IW Support will be in touch very soon. They will definitely find the reason

Good catch on log, I should have asked that at beginning sorry but I am slow sorry

That sounds like old MySQL hash from v4 to v5

IW use mariaDB on centos 7 with MySQL v5 installed for siteworx users.

You can upgrade MySQL to mariaDB but let me check which versions we use. Think it?s mariaDB over v10

Please let IW Support resolve horde first

Yes some parts of IW use php 5.4 currently - this is not the same as system php and IW are working towards php 7.2 for IW-CP but have to go careful with all the versions they support

IW allows sys admins control over distro whereas CPanel does not. So IW will have mixture of versions from v3 upto latest running on centos 4/5 upto 7

Please let us know how you get on

Many thanks

John

They didn’t find the reason but where able to have the same error produced on a new server.

Hi nico

That sounds like it been moved forward but may not be what you wanted to hear

The reason why I say that is it is present at first install, so I would think devs would certainly be involved in finding what?s gone wrong and they don?t need to keep bothering you/your server.

Once it is fully known/understood a quick fix would I think be pushed out

Please keep us informed and I will if I hear anything but I?m sure IW-Jenna would update here as well

Many thanks

John

Hi nico

IW-Jenna has let me know this has been resolved and a bug report sent to devs

Please could you confirm

For anyone who has this issue, ssh into server and run as root or sudo ~iWorx/bin/cvspermfix.pex

It was a permissions issue which above resets

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Yes that script solved it for me, but not sure if I have to run it again for a new imported cPanel account, I assume it will be going in the bug fixes and applied to server updates.
Nico

Hi nico

Many thanks

No it just needed to be run once as the perms are set upon first install of IW

The import of CPanel accounts would not change perms on IW horde etc… so you would have had the horde issue even if you had not imported from CPanel but created a new siteworx account.

It has been a long time since I last used cvspermsfix but I should have remembered and suggested running that sorry. I think I was getting tied up in CPanel importing and the extra horde dns entries you stated.

You can though, run it whenever you want as it would not do any harm

The bug fix would be applied to all new installs and not current working systems

So anyone with a horde issue currently would need to run the command to fix it. However, it saves them time contacting support if they check on the forums first

That?s another reason I like interworx, open honest and I think most of posts are of real value

Kudos to IW

Many thanks

John

Great, so how do I get Solved in the thread title :slight_smile:

Hi nico

Haha good question

I do not think you can sorry or you maybe able to as you were the thread starter

Most just usually post solved or thank you and leave or just leave post as is

I’ll try to edit title but mostly I use Tapatalk which may not have function but will check tommorow from a computer

Hope you enjoy IW and decide to go with IW

Have a good read round the forums here as there are a lot of excellent tips

Many thanks

John

Tapatalk did have title edit so marked solved for you