SOLVED - Horde webmail is not letting me login.

Hiya,
After importing a cPanel account [sorry, yes again] I am able to login into roundcube, but just not able to login to Horde, after the first login, it re-directs me again to login to Horde, but no matter what browsers I use or mailboxes I try it just refuses me and come with the second Horde login screen… Any one any suggestion why this happens?

I doens’t matter what setting I use in the Nodeworx, server, settings, either Horde or Roundcube.

Nico

Hi nico

It sounds likely that there is a symbol in password which is been treated as a command symbol

I would test by changing password to no symbols and testing. If works change password to include symbols like ! ? []

I could be wrong though as your not showing a lot of details but the fact roundcube works would indicate the above

Both roundcube and horde use the same db for password

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
that was indeed my first thought but like you said roundcube let me in, the password was re-generated again within Interworx panel to make sure it is in right format [i assumed] that was the first common sense got feeling i had to make sure cPanel passwords algorithm wouldn’t mess it up, it looks like: NitWaresBowedCasket26 so no special characters in it…, but Roundcube let me straight in.

What sort of extra information would you like to see?
Nico

Hi nico

Many thanks

I would need to think a little

Could you manually change the password to max 8 alphanumeric password. No symbols from the siteworx account.

Please let me know if this works

Are all other email accounts able to use horde

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Had to bring the setting for passwords all way down to allow just 8 characters, but no login Horde and again Roundcube was no problem.
I am going to get a cup of coffee and wonder what is wrong, if it is this imported cPanel account, perhaps i can use a free domain and create a new user with new mailbox to see if the issue is still the same or that the migrated cPanel is troubling me.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated, back soon with results of testing.
It’s a shame I like the Interworx a lot, but email is the most important migration issue, it will kill the migration to this platform.

Hi nico

Many thanks

What IW-CP version are you using

What distro are you using

Is it dedicated or VPS

Please do not give up, at the very least you can open a support ticket direct with IW support and let them see what?s happening. However, it maybe Monday before IW support have a look unless it is critical

I have an idea as to what it maybe, but will test now on latest IW RC running centos 7 to see if I can replicate your issue

Many thanks

John

Interesting, the cPanel import has imported the caldav(s) and carddav(s) zone records, and those where pointing to the old server and I think [not sure] they might been used for Horde calendar functions… I deleted them.

Hi John,
I am running CentOS v7 with xfs quota enabled, and for as far I know latest IW v6.3.1.5 [Release]. I have created it on a VMware VPS.
Haven’t found out yet how to force update like cPanel :slight_smile:
Kind regards,
Nico

Hi John,
Thanks for that information, the server installed itself with Interworx Update Channel Release [default]

I hope your right and that it is only a matter of cache…

cPanel seems to use a way higher version of Horde than IW.

rpm -qa | grep roundcube
cpanel-roundcubemail-1.3.7-3.cp1176.noarch
rpm -qa | grep horde
cpanel-php72-horde-5.2.18-5.cp1176.noarch
cpanel-php72-horde-lz4-1.0.10-4.cp1176.x86_64

IW:
rpm -qa | grep interworx
interworx-roundcube-1.3.6-1683.iworx.noarch
interworx-horde-5.2.17-1683.iworx.noarch

Kind regards,
Nico

Hi Nicol

Many thanks

IW versions look to be 1 version behind but with the difference that IW will have made changes to default.

I do think your right about horde and the extra dns records

A simple test would be to create a new mail user using same domain, which should not use extra dns records.

Test using that account

Also, as this is slightly different, please open a support ticket with IW using nodeworx, remote support and open the IW remote support, fill out the IW ticket and also state I asked you to open ticket.

IW Support are excellent and will keep you informed but as it is non critical, it would be Monday as they are USA time zone

I will let IW know about this post as well

I hope that?s alright but please let us know how it goes

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Will contact support tomorrow.
Nico

Added a new user this morning, but problem still exist, seems not related to what we thought.

Hi nico

Many thanks

It has to be something unique to your setup I think

If you want to pm me your domain, create a new email and let me know username and password, I can run a check from here to make sure it?s not your computer

I do not work for IW and do not receive any payment. I help because it?s the best CP I have seen (all CP have issues though)

Did you open the support ticket with IW. If so, it would be Monday as non critical

Many thanks

John

Hi Nico

The below would not fix Horde but help with system PHP

As your using Centos 7, you may or may not be running the latest system PHP (system PHP is different to IW PHP and siteworx PHP) and if using softaculous, using default installed Centos 7 system PHP would be too old (for some reason it installs PHP 5.4) so below instructions would upgrade system PHP to 7.3.7.

Please note I do not accept responsibility so you decide if you want to upgrade at your own risk.

Many thanks

John

SSH into server and run as root or sudo

php -v (if shown as PHP 7 you do not need to run the below commands, if PHP 5.4 it is best to upgrade)

wget -q http://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-7.rpm

wget -q https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

rpm -i remi-release-7.rpm epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm

yum-config-manager --enable remi-php73

yum install php

service httpd restart

php -v
PHP 7.3.7 (cli) (built: Jul 3 2019 11:30:22) ( NTS )
Copyright © 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.7, Copyright © 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

logout of SSH

Hi nico

Sorry a thought came to me

Have you fully restarted server or vps to make sure it?s not got hung up

Many thanks

John

Hi John,
Sorry was installing CSF as I used that firewall on my cPanels and it has so much more options… so got a bit distracted. :slight_smile:
I have submitted 2 tickets, one for the zone files and one for Horde, I am going to restart the server now.
Nico

Hi John,
Server reboot did not help either, I am waiting for America to wake up and get some support,
Is there no support at all during the weekends?
Nico

Hi John, mine is indeed 5.4.16, is this version installed by Softaculous, as I notice it comes default installed by Interworx, or is it the default php of IW?
Nico

Hi nico

Good question with a simple answer, which took me time to fully grasp myself sorry

System PHP is the php version the distro installs. On centos 6, it is php 5.6 but centos 7, it is php 5.4.

IW installs its own php version for IW and gives you the option once IW installed, to install/use multi php versions - ranging from php 5.4 to 7.3.7 - these are the versions you can assign to siteworx accounts

Softaculous does not install php, instead it detects the system php version which currently must be php 5.6 or higher. Softaculous does not detect the siteworx php version

I have no idea why centos 7 installs php 5.4 sorry

I hope that makes it clearer

Many thanks

John

Hi nico

IW support does not work weekends unless it is critical but you may still have to wait.

When opening a support ticket with IW from website, you can chose to set high priority but it does need to be critical

We have been using IW since 2012, and touch wood, never had to raise high priority support as it just works.

There is also a lot of information to fix most things already in forums here and very knowledgeable users who do help where they can.

Also, if licence purchased from a reseller, they are where you raise support unless asked to open support ticket from here on forums

IW cannot help if there is any hardware issues or third party products installed which are not part of IW. However, IW support are one of the best I have ever used, respond very quickly and are very accommodating with good feedback

Here in uk, they are about 5 - 7 hours behind GMT time

Many thanks

John