Spam Folder Query

Hi all,

A client is getting a number of emails sent to a folder named “Spam” that shows up in the webmail. I didn’t think this was one of the default folders that’s gets made as on a test account I only see: Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Junk, Deleted Items, Learn Ham and Learn Spam.

Looking at some old threads from 2005/2006 it seems if you manually created an IMAP folder called SPAM any messages determined to be SPAM will get moved there. Is that still the case? This specific client has the anti-spam settings disabled as they have external filtering enabled.

Is it just the case of deleting the folder named Spam to stop the messages from being moved there?

Cheers,

Hi Bertie

That’s a good question

First stop the folder been sync in email client. Usually found in mail client options folders to sync

Then login to webmail and delete the folder

If you simply delete the folder it will resync back

Many thanks

John

Hello, I would like to do that, stop synchronizing the spam folder but I do not get the option, could you tell me exactly where it is
Thanks

Hi papetoli

Welcome to IW forums

You cannot stop spam synchronising at server level

It is in the clients mail client where you stop it or add it

It will be shown in the mail client settings for synchronising folders, where you have the option to sync to all or choose folders to sync

Many thanks

John

1 Like